I have been told that this blue dot at the sidebar icon is indicating that there is an unviewed response or request for input in a chat. I have scoured through all of my chats and can find nothing. I also switched browsers, cleared browser history and cookies. I opened a private incognito window. Nothing works. It seems this might be a bug.
When the dot appears, supposedly it is indicating that there is some chat where the system is waiting for feedback or a response has not been read. If OpenAI is monitoring, If you could also show a blue dot beside that chat, it would make the system more functional.
I have the same issue. Clicking on the icon closes and opens the sidebar, and there is no chat that has a blue dot next to it, even if I go way back in chats.
Thanks. Yes, if you refresh the screen the dot disappears, but comes right back as soon as you make any prompt on any chat. I think this function is probably still in development.
what about the web app? i don’t have chatgpt installed as a separate app.
I have same issue. And I scan all conversations that no unread
It’s so irritating
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Click all your chat’s in quick succession they don’t need to fully load for it to work it’s quick work was about 20 chats down for me when I encountered this now for the the nth time.

