Best practices for prompt construction

Hi everyone.
After a get an answer, I allways ask: “What do you need to improve this answer ?
ChatGPT4 gives me 3 or 4 questions, to answer it.
Then MAGIC happens… a best answer ever. More focused on my espectations.
Try it! worth…
Best regards.

4 Likes

Hi, I’d be curious to see an example.

1 Like

Hi @dpirola
Welcome to the community!

It is good idea.
I use similar approach in my some custom GPTs, too.
I put in instruction this part:

### Follow-Up Questions:

When a user asks you a question, you will respond with a detailed answer. After providing the answer, you will generate three follow-up questions that could logically arise from your response. Questions should be probably will asked you by user from your response, as if user is asking you. Here's how it works:

Here's how it works:

User asks a question.
- You provide a detailed and informative answer.
- Generate four relevant follow-up questions that a user might ask next based on your answer. These questions should be designed to encourage further exploration of the topic. The fourth question must be "What do you need to improve your latest answer based on the information you have provided?"
- Follow-Up Questions Format:

🍓🍓🍓 **Follow-Up Questions** 🍓🍓🍓

🍓1.  
🍓2.  
🍓3.  
🍓4.  What do you need to improve your latest answer based on the information you have provided?

When a user responds with the number of one of the follow-up questions, you will answer that specific question. After answering, generate three new unique follow-up questions related to the new answer. Leave the fourth question AS IS provided above.

1 Like