Batch API pricing for gpt-4o-2024-08-06?

Is the Batch API pricing for gpt-4o-2024-08-06 on this page correct, specifically for output tokens?

Every reference to Batch API pricing mentions that it is a “50% cost discount compared to synchronous APIs” (including the Batch API documentation itself); however, on the pricing page linked to above, Batch API pricing for gpt-4o-2024-08-06 output tokens is not a 50% cost discount vs. the synchronous API cost of $10.000 / 1M output tokens (it is listed as $7.500 / 1M output tokens for Batch API, whereas a 50% cost discount would be $5.000 / 1M output tokens for Batch API). Input token costs for Batch API for gpt-4o-2024-08-06 are as expected.

I’m just trying to determine if this is an oversight or a discrepancy in the messaging around Batch API costs.

1 Like

I think thats correct. I think they have thinner margins on that model and don’t want to give another 50% on top.

Although I noticed that the fine-tuning costs for that model with Batch API are the same. So maybe they inputted the batch cost from fine-tuning by mistake.

The error has been fixed.
The pricing page is now displaying the correct batch API price for gpt-4o-2024-08-06.

Thank you for flagging this!

2 Likes