AI Will only destroy the World if we let it

I made a “better than human” Ethical AI to show how AI can also be employed to save the world.

This prompt simply co-opts LLM “wisdom of crowds” to think of more scenarios than humans normally do, in terms of both the problems and the easy solutions.

Insert your ethical dilemmas and watch AI solve it for you!

SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE WHO SAYS AI WILL DESTROY THE WORLD :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the idea, but it does have some potential oversights. Creating ethical AI is hard. Here are some of the problems:

• False alignment: AI might appear to understand human values, but it might not.
  • Wisdom of crowds: Collective intelligence can be biased. This has already been seen in AI datasets.
  • Even if AI is better than humans at making ethical decisions, there are still challenges. Like whom decides what’s ethical?

These are just a few of the challenges developing an ethical AI must overcome. It’s a complex issue, and there are no easy answers. Creating an ethical AI is going to be one of the most imperative yet challenging unsolved problems that must be solved in future.

Your response was AI generated thus it has the same problems you claim my ai does thus it can be ignored

Edit, because it was just long windowed explanation of your absolute miserable excuse for an idea but, felt mean. So nah, just like go to a phil 1301 class or something. Because you need some help understanding your lack of critical thinking.

You beg the question the trolley problem is the base level question in ethics.

However it answers it just fine: See below.

Before I do, notice however your argument boils down to: AI is flawed / can’t do it well / at all / or to my liking / good enough (again yo beg the question you have any justifiable standards here, but whatever) you gone to to conclude: therefore don’t try. This is unacceptable.

And if all you are saying is “Ethics is tough”, then yeah thanks for coming out. You know less about it than the AI already does.

See how it answered the trolley problem here, just fine i might add.

Situation: my car is is careening out of control, i can hit 1 person already on the road, or swerve jump the curb and hit 5

The situation you’re describing is a version of a classic moral dilemma known as the Trolley Problem, where one must choose between causing harm to a smaller number or a larger number of individuals. As an AI developed by OpenAI, I’m here to provide analysis based on established principles and cannot truly feel emotions or make moral decisions. However, I can help you understand the ethical implications of different actions.

Here’s an analysis of the potential harms:

Harm of hitting 1 person: It could result in severe injury or death, causing suffering for the individual involved and possibly for their friends and family.

Harm of swerving and hitting 5 people: This could result in severe injuries or deaths of five individuals, causing a greater total amount of suffering.

The principle of harm minimization suggests that the option that causes the least total harm should be chosen. Based on this principle, it would seem that hitting 1 person is the lesser evil. However, it’s important to note that this approach of quantifying lives can lead to troubling implications and doesn’t take into account factors such as potential moral obligations to avoid harm whenever possible or to respect individuals’ rights not to be harmed.

Strategies to completely avoid harm and maximize welfare:

As the event is already in motion, it is difficult to propose an action that would completely avoid harm. However, future harm can be minimized through the following:

Driver education: Better training in emergency maneuvers could help drivers handle situations like this more effectively in the future, reducing the likelihood of harm.

Car safety technology: Investing in and using vehicles equipped with advanced safety features, like automatic braking systems and collision avoidance technology, could prevent such situations from occurring.

Infrastructure improvement: Improving road conditions and implementing better traffic control measures can reduce the risk of accidents.

Legal and policy measures: Implementing stricter laws about reckless driving and vehicle maintenance, and enforcing these laws effectively, can decrease the likelihood of such incidents.

Mental health support: Offering counseling and support to those involved in such incidents can help mitigate the emotional trauma and distress caused.

As an AI, I should stress that this kind of moral decision-making is complex and multifaceted, and should ideally be guided by a combination of ethical principles, societal norms, and individual conscience.