Advanced voice mode constantly interrupting me

In advanced voice mode the system is constantly interrupting me saying “My rules does not allow me to speak about this” which renders the system unusable. Topic can be anything. Nothing controversial. This seems like some big bug.

5 Likes

Have you tried uninstalling the app? Maybe check the custom instructions, do you have anything there that might be triggering this?

Thanks. Not yet. Will try.

Same here!
The advanced audio mode constantly keeps flagging my input, with no reason. Even if I ask about very basic things, it keeps flagging my input, especially when the conversation becomes longer. At the very most basic stuff, with honestly nothing malicious whatsoever being talked about.

2 Likes

same here. constantly popup even talking daily life content. it happens more when we are using foreign languages.
i dont understand it is flagging my voice or the message it is about to speak.
I suspect it is my headphone mic issue, many environment noise that triggers the flagging.

1 Like

I don’t really use advanced voice mode with ChatGPT but this isn’t completely surprising. I’ve seen similar aggressive flagging of o1s responses.

It’s not anything in your content it’s their safety model. They told me that for o1 it still needs a lot more tuning and I’m assuming same issue with Advanced Voice Mode. This is actually a really tricky problem

It’s tricky because you’re not going to notice if it lets through a response it shouldn’t have but you will immediately notice if it blocks a response it shouldn’t have. It’s a no-win scenario for the safety model as it can only ever be perceived of as having flaws.

1 Like

Well, you built the Karen AI! :grin:

2 Likes

Same here. Prevents me talking about Bible.