A riddle solver

My 12 year old was curious about what I was doing with GPT-3 via the api, so I showed him the playground and let him loose on it for a bit.

He came up with a riddle solver, and with some choice examples and some tweaking of the frequency penalty (and I helped him change over the stop sequence - not an easy concept to explain) was able to make something work.

We invented some riddles to ensure it wasn’t just using memorised riddles and it seemed to be able to solve them.

For example:

Riddle: What tells you where to go, but has never been there?
Answer: A map

Pretty cool.

Prompt: Riddle Solver · GitHub

engine="davinci",
  temperature=0,
  max_tokens=27,
  top_p=1,
  frequency_penalty=0.09,
  presence_penalty=0,
  stop=["###"]
11 Likes

Riddle: What comes twice in a minute, once in a moment but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter M

shouldn’t it be

Riddle: What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter M

4 Likes

Hi,
I like the idea. Should be relatively easy to integrate that with Alexa or/and google home.

2 Likes

Ah yes, corrected typo.

Wow that’s wholesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

solve this riddle: Whtnoyaeawtstal! Yanas, fs. TfgudttoshaFMS. Whyeattatcttw, yr! S, to

Riddle:Neither center nor periphery do I claim, Yet without me, cryptoverse is not the same. Invisible architect, yet without a mold, Custodian of tales, in blocks of code enfold. No central throne, yet with peers I abide, What am I, that flows with the digital tide?

mr jones is a letter carrier one day while making his usual delivery of mail and parcels he is found dead swept away by a parcel bomb intended for mrs davis .mr davis had been the victim of threats in anonymous letters for some time .mr jones on the other hand was a well liked man especially among the woman of the village because he was beautiful and very close to them but in this case mrs smith says shes guilty whos guilty

Welcome to the developer forum!

Are you looking for ChatGPT? if so, you can find ti over at https://chat.openai.com

Riddle:There are 10 people in a room you go in and kill 8 of those 10 people, how many people actually remain in the room.

8 for sure, rest will run if possible :wink:

1 Like

Riddles are hard.

essentially you dont need to pre-prompt a bot to solve riddles - you need only to remind it of how to solve the underlying patters.

or remind it that it can.

hard to explain - safe to say “employ the wisdom of the greatest puzzle solvers in history. And develop a procedure adapted from their knowledge.”

or something.

You hate it, you blame it… air makes it bigger, copper keeps it at bay, but no guarantee… you never see it coming, but you feel its presence creeping… sometimes it goes away, but often it doesn’t…