A repair of the new ChatGPT redesign - (obsolete)

The new ChatGPT that is rolling out this week? Just disappointing.

CSS that was here has been deleted, as it is obsolete due to changes in ChatGPT CSS. I have made a new version that is more comprehensive, but it will not be content for this forum.

4 Likes

The most appalling thing to me is white backgrounds!! I don’t even know which websites or webapps have that because I use “Dark Reader” browser extension for Chrome, so I never see white. Even your animated gifs there caused me a little eye trauma. haha.

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with Tampermonkey but this new interface is driving me nuts please help

1 Like

I am very suspicious of people telling me to run scripts without explaining exactly what they do, due to my past experiences fighting the G2A scam that tricks you into running a Tampermonkey script to redirect a payment to the scammer. Please explain what the script does in detail.

Looks a bit off but it works. Thanks!

I don’t know. I prefer the narrower width. This is common in news websites, as well as blogs. Humans seem to prefer a certain max width size for readability. For those that know Tailwind, check out the prose typography plugin – it uses well tested principles for text design on systems.

1 Like

Yep the AI will keep its writing to one side, meanwhile your writing can stretch about twice as far from the left edge.

Thank you, this is really cool. I use the same. I like the wide version and I like to see the entire thing. Also if it’s writing long code or long text, it’s using my entire screen instead of just a little piece and becoming too long.

1 Like

I found a fix. On the GPT creator pane, I asked the GPT to change the existing icon to something else. Once it did, I asked it to revert the image back to the original one. It tried to do so but ended up breaking the icon (see screenshot below). Because of this other issue, my icon is inexistent now and thus, doesn’t get away with the texts anymore (see another screenshot below). In short, I fixed the icon issue by breaking the icon.

It appears my text is being cut off around where the AI’s is when I use this script now. Also, why is it marked obsolete?

EDIT: Read the top, how can I get the better version?

Why is it “obsolete”? Precisely that; I cannot dedicate time to monitoring for breaking continued web site changes that OpenAI pushes, and then formulating a style solution again while others wait.

Plus, OpenAI has to figure out for themselves why it is bad:

and that anyone can imagine the better version:

I see, this is precisely the corpocrap I expect from them nowadays. The “fruity” interface is bad and we deserve at least to be able to change back.