[Soliciting Feedback] Using Assistant API in MS Access to aid Session Planning

Hi everyone!

Finally, I have created a non-tech walkthrough video about one of the use cases I have created in the context of Educational Institutes.

Out of three use cases, I’m sharing only one right now: using Assistant API to aid session planning.

Background
The Govt. of India’s Atal Tinkering Lab initiative has surpassed installation of high-tech labs in 10,000 schools across the country. The idea is that the existing teachers will utilize these labs to impart STEM education and inculcate maker mindset.

The Challenge
But the teachers need rigorous training to impart these sessions to their students. In fact, the older the teacher, the more challenging it is for them to create sessions that fit their context. The curriculum created by Atal Innovation Mission is just a scaffold, a guideline. Nothing more.

• The teachers need to work within the constraints/context of their resources: material, time, class size, students’ prior knowledge, their learning pace etc.
  • This is not addressed by the curriculum (and no curriculum can). Traditionally, the teachers use their experience and intuition to meet these constraints/context. But with subject matter beyond their basic grasp, it is difficult to come up with matching sessions.
  • This results in tried-and-tested, repetitive sessions. No real innovation.

Buddying up Teachers
We can use AI Assistant and provide all the curriculum-specific files and ask it to help the teachers. No generic advice.

The Setup
The ATL AI Assistant I have created has access to the three curriculum files. The information entered on the Session Planning page is shared as an added context by default. This saves the teacher the hassle of telling the AI the exact specifics. The teacher can focus on their message.

Feedback
Can you go through it and share:

• Anything that can be improved
  • Any query about technical setup
  • Any help that you may want from this

Find the 11-minute YouTube video here.

Thanks a lot for being part of this community, I have learnt a lot from you all!