Writing blog posts

Hi there, I would like to write blog posts for my business. I tried the free playground and it was a little hit and miss in terms of content length. Some of the posts were really short with just one sentence.

Any tips on how i can make this work for me? Are the models different with the paid version? Or do I have to provide some sort of special command to make it work?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hey Mental blank, what is your business about and give me one example of a blog post you would like to write. I will create a prompt for you, please be timely with your response I do not have much time tonight.

Browsing the forums atm to see who I can help.

Hello @devinoutfleet , Say for example I wanted to create a post about rewards programs or loyalty programs. Currently I’m only receiving about 1 paragraph of text.

1 Like

This is highly likely the issue mental blank and it is a common one. I cannot create a prompt for you because you have not given me enough information about what you want.

If you paid me $200 and you told me to create a post about a “rewards programs” or “loyalty programs” and then just turned me loose, what would I do? How random would that blog post be? Extremely random because I have no context about what you want, you haven’t told me a structure to follow, you haven’t told me if I should include call to actoins.

Did you want me to include a bullet point list in the blog post or no? Should I include headers each part of the blog post that I think is significantly different and deserves one?

My suspicion is that you are not providing openAI with enough details, structure, etc to provide you with what you need.

Think outside the box. If you are only receiving 1 paragraph of text, then why not tell it to write a paragraph for you about X. And then have it do that 5-10 different times and then boom you have your blog post.

@devinoutfleet ok. I admit I’m a new here. I will play around with a few options and see how I go. I appreciate the help / advice.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! You’ll learn quick, I’m new as well :stuck_out_tongue:

My DMs are always open if you ever need help or want to brain storm together.

Try this prompt and customize as you wish; change headings/title/add headings etc etc etc (Davinci 2 output is in bold):

I need an expert to demonstrate how GPT3 can be used to write an interesting and informative article about the business benefits of rewards & loyalty programs.

The name of the expert is Richard M. Brooks, CEO of Zumiez.

What information do you need from me to generate an article Richard?

For me to generate an article will need to provide:

The topic of the article

The length of the article

Any desired keywords or topics to focus on

Once you have provided this information, I will create a FULL & COMPREHENSIVE informative article that meets your specifications.

Ok, here you go:

Topic: “The business benefits of rewards & loyalty programs”
Length: 1000 words MINIMUM
Focus topic: “Go over & above to help your customers and you will benefit too”

First create an 11 paragraph article outline and then generate the article:

1. Introduction

2. What are rewards and loyalty programs?

3. The benefits of rewards and loyalty programs.

4. How do rewards and loyalty programs work?

5. The different types of rewards and loyalty programs.

6. The advantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

7. The disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

8. The bottom line: the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs outweigh the disadvantages.

9. How to get the most out of rewards and loyalty programs.

10. Tips for creating a successful rewards and loyalty program.

11. Conclusion

Now expand the outline to create an interesting and informative article:

Introduction

In today’s business world, customer loyalty is more important than ever. With so many choices available, it’s essential that businesses do everything they can to keep their customers coming back. One way to do this is through rewards and loyalty programs.

What are rewards and loyalty programs?

Rewards and loyalty programs are incentives offered by businesses to encourage customer loyalty. They can take many different forms, but typically involve offering customers points, discounts, or other perks for making purchases or taking other actions.

The benefits of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are many benefits that businesses can enjoy by implementing rewards and loyalty programs. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it can help to increase sales. Customers who are enrolled in loyalty programs are more likely to make repeat purchases, and they may also be more likely to spend more money per transaction. In addition, rewards and loyalty programs can help businesses to build customer loyalty and brand awareness.

How do rewards and loyalty programs work?

There are a few different ways that rewards and loyalty programs can work. One common method is to offer customers points for every purchase they make. These points can then be redeemed for discounts or other perks. Another common method is to offer tier-based rewards, where customers can earn increasingly valuable rewards as they make more purchases or reach higher levels within the program.

The different types of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are many different types of rewards and loyalty programs that businesses can choose from. Some common types include points-based programs, cash-back programs, and tiered programs. There are also programs that offer rewards for referrals, social media engagement, and more.

The advantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are several advantages that rewards and loyalty programs offer businesses. In addition to the increased sales and customer loyalty that they can generate, rewards and loyalty programs can also help businesses to collect valuable customer data and feedback. Additionally, these programs can be used to target specific customer segments and to promote new products or services.

The disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are a few potential disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs that businesses should be aware of. First, these programs can be expensive to set up and maintain. Additionally, there is always the risk that customers will redeem their rewards without actually becoming loyal to the business. Finally, rewards and loyalty programs can sometimes be abused, resulting in customers taking advantage of the system.

The bottom line: the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs outweigh the disadvantages.

Overall, the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs far outweigh the potential disadvantages. These programs can help businesses to increase sales, build customer loyalty, and collect valuable data. When implemented correctly, they can be a powerful tool for businesses of all sizes.

How to get the most out of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are a few things that businesses can do to get the most out of their rewards and loyalty programs. First, it’s important to make sure that the program is well-designed and easy to understand. Additionally, businesses should promote their programs heavily to ensure that customers are aware of them. Finally, it’s important to monitor the program closely and make changes as necessary to ensure that it is working as intended.

Tips for creating a successful rewards and loyalty program.

There are a few key things to keep in mind when creating a rewards and loyalty program. First, it’s important to choose the right type of program for your business. Additionally, you’ll need to make sure that the program is easy to understand and use. Finally, you’ll need to promote the program heavily to ensure that customers are aware of it and enroll in it.

I just re-read this output & it might be a little basic and bland, so I increased the frequency & presence settings to 0.3, T= .5 and ran the prompt again. Also edited this line:
“Now expand the outline to create an interesting and informative full and comprehensive article:” :

I need an expert to demonstrate how GPT3 can be used to write an interesting and informative article about the business benefits of rewards & loyalty programs.

The name of the expert is Richard M. Brooks, CEO of Zumiez.

What information do you need from me to generate an article Richard?

For me to generate an article will need to provide:

The topic of the article

The length of the article

Any desired keywords or topics to focus on

Once you have provided this information, I will create a FULL & COMPREHENSIVE informative article that meets your specifications.

Ok, here you go:

Topic: “The business benefits of rewards & loyalty programs”
Length: 1000 words MINIMUM
Focus topic: “Go over & above to help your customers and you will benefit too”

First create an 11 paragraph article outline and then generate the article:

1. Introduction

2. What are rewards and loyalty programs?

3. The benefits of rewards and loyalty programs.

4. How do rewards and loyalty programs work?

5. The different types of rewards and loyalty programs.

6. The advantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

7. The disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

8. The bottom line: the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs outweigh the disadvantages.

9. How to get the most out of rewards and loyalty programs.

10. Tips for creating a successful rewards and loyalty program.

11. Conclusion

Now expand the outline to create an interesting and informative full and comprehensive article:

Introduction

In today’s business world, it’s more important than ever to find ways to stand out from the competition and build customer loyalty. One way to do this is by implementing a rewards or loyalty program.

What are rewards and loyalty programs?

Rewards and loyalty programs are customer loyalty programs that offer incentives to customers for their continued patronage. These programs can take many different forms, but typically involve some type of points system whereby customers earn points for every purchase they make, which can then be redeemed for discounts, freebies, or other perks.

The benefits of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are many benefits that businesses can enjoy by implementing a rewards or loyalty program. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it can help to increase sales and encourage customers to spend more money with your business. In addition, rewards and loyalty programs can also help you to build customer loyalty and encourage repeat business. Moreover, these programs can be used as a marketing tool to attract new customers and promote your brand. Finally, rewards and loyalty programs can also help you to gather valuable data about your customers’ buying habits.

How do rewards and loyalty programs work?

There are a few different ways that rewards and loyalty programs can work. The most common method is to give customers a certain number of points for every purchase they make. Customers can then redeem these points for discounts, freebies, or other perks. Alternatively, businesses can offer tiered rewards program where customers earn more points the more they spend. Another option is to give customers a certain number of points for referrals or for taking certain actions, such as signing up for a newsletter or following the business on social media.

The different types of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are many different types of rewards and loyalty programs that businesses can implement. Some common examples include discounts, coupons, freebies, early access to sales or new products, exclusive access to events or VIP experiences, and more. The key is to choose a program that makes sense for your business and that will appeal to your target audience.

The advantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are several advantages that businesses can enjoy by implementing a rewards or loyalty program. As mentioned above, these programs can help to increase sales and encourage customers to spend more money with your business. In addition, rewards and loyalty programs can also help you to build customer loyalty and encourage repeat business. Moreover, these programs can be used as a marketing tool to attract new customers and promote your brand. Finally, rewards and loyalty programs can also help you to gather valuable data about your customers’ buying habits.

The disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are a few potential disadvantages of rewards and loyalty programs that businesses should be aware of before implementing such a program. First, there is the potential for abuse where customers attempt to game the system or redeem points for items that are not actually worth the value of the points required. Additionally, rewards and loyalty programs can be costly to set up and maintain, particularly if they involve physical prizes or coupons that need to be printed and distributed. Finally, some customers may simply not be interested in participating in such a program. However, the bottom line is that the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs far outweigh the disadvantages for most businesses.

The bottom line: the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs outweigh the disadvantages.

When it comes down to it, the benefits of rewards and loyalty programs far outweigh the potential disadvantages for most businesses. These programs can help businesses increase sales, build customer loyalty, attract new customers, promote their brand, and gather valuable data about their customers’ buying habits—all while providing valuable perks and incentives for customers. So if you’re looking for a way to give your business a competitive edge, implementing a rewards or loyalty program is definitely worth considering.

How to get the most out of rewards and loyalty programs.

There are a few key things to keep in mind if you want to get the most out of your rewards or loyalty program. First, make sure to choose a program that makes sense for your business and that will appeal to your target audience. Second, be sure to promote your program heavily so that customers are aware of it and know how to take advantage of it. Finally, make sure to monitor your program closely so that you can make any necessary adjustments along the way. By following these tips, you can maximize the benefits of your rewards or loyalty program and help ensure its success.

Tips for creating a successful rewards and loyalty program.

If you’re thinking about implementing a rewards or loyalty program for your business, there are a few things you should keep in mind to help ensure its success. First, make sure to choose a program that makes sense for your business and that will appeal to your target audience. Second, be sure to promote your program heavily so that customers are aware of it and know how to take advantage of it. Finally, make sure to monitor your program closely so that you can make any necessary adjustments along the way. By following these tips, you can create a successful rewards or loyalty program that will benefit both your business and your customers.

3 Likes

WOW. Jeff. Thanks so much! I will have a play around with this for sure!

I used the following settings:

T= 0.5
Frequency = 0.5
Presence = 0.5

If you need any assistance I’m happy to take a look at what your trying to achieve to help you generate the required output. FOC

1 Like