Over that last couple of days 5.5 xhigh has turned from a highly capable agent, to a toddler which can barely follow multistep instructions and implementation. Never ever have I experienced such utter frustration when trying to work with this model. The difference is extremely noticeable.
As I type this out, I have it running on the exact same task for the 10th time. The task itself comprises of 3 different things, which are not even moderate difficulty. Each time it has forgot 1 or even 2 of the 3 things. Other times it has been extremely lazy and just decided not to do one of the 3 things. This is not 5.5, it never did this. This behavior has been consistent for the last few days.
Openai should be sued for doing things like this. I don’t pay 200 a month for a functioning model to be degraded.
Reasons why this is happening:
nerfing the capabilities of 5.5 to make 5.6 seem better than it actually is.
i am noticing that it no longer/does not monitor subagents work proactively, it stops on minor issues instead of fixing them. it does not identify fixes but just stops with here are the issues.
Did you switch to higher abstraction? Be honest. Because I did.. for me it seemed logical that if model can do X it should be capably of Y where Y was a higher abstraction and not the same.
Sorry for the drop in quality you’re seeing. Missing requirements and stopping before resolving small issues are useful concrete examples. Please share a sanitized example and session details through the feedback flow: https://learn.chatgpt.com/docs/reference/troubleshooting. We haven’t confirmed the cause or a fix, and we’ll pass along the quality feedback.