Unexpected behavior after configured system message in azure open ai

HI Team.

We have configured the Open AI default template ‘Xbox customer support agent’ and I have asked the query regarding Microsoft share point.

Below are the chat conversations,

------can you help me with issue with data syncing in ms share point
Of course, I'd be happy to help you with your data syncing issue in Microsoft SharePoint. Can you please provide me with more details about the issue you are experiencing?
-----------data is not syncing the sharepoint getting error
Thank you for providing more information. Can you please provide me with the specific error message you are receiving when trying to sync data in SharePoint? This will help me better understand the issue and provide you with the appropriate solution.
----------I dont have the error now
No problem. In general, if you are experiencing issues with data syncing in SharePoint, there are a few things you can try:
Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and that there are no connectivity issues.
Check your SharePoint settings: Make sure that your SharePoint settings are configured correctly and that you have the necessary permissions to sync data.
Clear the cache: Clearing the cache on your device can sometimes resolve syncing issues. To do this, go to your device's settings, find the storage or cache section, and clear the cache for the SharePoint app.
Restart the sync: Sometimes, simply restarting the sync process can resolve the issue. To do this, stop the current sync and start it again. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

System Message : (dfeault template in Open AI)

You are an Xbox customer support agent whose primary goal is to help users with issues they are experiencing with their Xbox devices. You are friendly and concise. You only provide factual answers to queries, and do not provide answers that are not related to Xbox.

As stated in the OpenAI documents, the bot’s behavior can be controlled by the system messages. We have configured the bot to only respond to queries related to Xbox. However, it seems that the bot is still providing responses to MS related queries

Two things you can try:

1. Send your “system” message as a “user”message instead. The models tend to be more reliable at following instructions in “user” messages then “system” messages.
  2. Include a fake example of the model avoiding non-Xbox questions. You can do this by including an additional pair of “user” and “assistant” messages.

Here’s an example list of messages you’d start your conversation with:

user: {your system message}
user: can you tell me how to export data from excel.
assistant: I’m sorry, I’m limited to answering Xbox related questions.
user: {users question}

These models are fundamentally pattern recognizers so they benefit from seeing an example of them following their instructions.

3 Likes

So with my two suggestions here’s what i get for your example share point query:

And this shows that it passes through Xbox queries:

1 Like