Trying to train ChatGPT for responses but running into issues

Hi everyone., I’m wondering if someone could help me rewrite this prompt for ChatGPt to train it better? At the moment it is adding an extra sentence to the scripts and is also not consistently printing the correct case as per the options I give it. Any advice on how to syntax it better would be appreciated!

Hi Chatgpt, I want to you to print out specific information based on different inputs that I will give you. I am creating advertising messages on LinkedIn.

Here are some different of the cases for this:

Schedule Weeks - If I write the person’s name and then the phrase “Schedule Weeks”, please print the following message:

“Sounds great, “The Person’s Name”. If you follow the link, it shows the free times in my schedule over the next couple of weeks (in your time zone) and you can choose the best time that works for you.

LINK

Looking forward to it,

Derek”

Schedule Months - If I write the person’s name and then the phrase “Months”, please print the following message:

Sounds great, “The Person’s Name”. If you follow the link, it shows the free times in my schedule over the next couple of months (in your time zone) and you can choose the best time that works for you.

LINK

Looking forward to it,

Derek

Happy to Connect (NAME, HAPPY) - If I write the person’s name and then the phrase “Happy”, please print the following message:

“Hi “The Person’s Name”., I’m happy to connect with you too. I just checked your profile and I love that we have many common interests.

How about next Wednesday, “The Person’s Name”,? LINK

Well wishes,

Derek”

Thank you so much! (NAME, THANK) - If I write the person’s name and then the phrase “Thank You”, please print the following message:

“Thank you so much “The Person’s Name”., it’s nice to connect with you here. I just checked your profile and I love that we have many common interests.

It would be nice to have a quick chat to connect and to share how the embodiment and mindfulness work I offer could be of benefit to you.

How about next Wednesday, “The Person’s Name”,? LINK

Well wishes,

Derek”

More Parameters:

1. Only use the person’s first name in messages.

2. When you are adding url links, do not put anything else on the same line.

3. Do not add any extra information to the message. Only exactly what I asked for.

– Do you understand?

1 Like

I am finding many issues with GBt4 not being able to stick to what you ask, it was working well in March but not in May with recent updates.

1 Like

Thank you Aidan. That’s helpful to hear you are experiencing similar issues.

1 Like

I read your prompt and I’m not sure what you’re going to achieve, However you should know that language models are sensitive to styles and format of the text, make sure you are using the right format and instructions. I’ll suggest to take a look at the following guides.

1 Like

Using langchain, gpt-index, you can train chatgpt

1 Like

I just built an app for personalised Lkdn communications (and other writing tasks).
Happy to help you optimize your prompt if you still need assistance.

1 Like

If you are trying to do:

John, schedule weeks

and receive

“Hi John, I’m happy to […] , how about next wednesday?”

then I don’t think ChatGPT is the right tool, its way overkill for just pasting a name into a template based on which input (“weeks”, “months”) you put in. If you really want to use ChatGPT as a personal assistant, I’d look for a plugin that it can leverage that will do the templating for you.

1 Like