Threaded Conversations in ChatGPT

Dear OpenAI Team,

I am writing to suggest a feature that I believe would greatly enhance the user experience in ChatGPT: the implementation of threaded conversations.

Threaded conversations would allow users to organize discussions more effectively by enabling them to follow different topics within the same chat session. This feature would help in maintaining context and clarity, especially during complex or multi-topic interactions. Here are a few benefits I envision:

1. Improved Organization: Threads would help users keep track of various topics without losing the main conversation flow.
  2. Enhanced Focus: Users could dive deeper into specific subjects without the risk of mixing up different discussion points.
  3. Better Collaboration: For collaborative tasks, threading would allow multiple users to contribute to different aspects of a project simultaneously.

I believe this feature would make ChatGPT even more powerful and user-friendly. Thank you for considering this suggestion, and I look forward to seeing how ChatGPT continues to evolve.

Best regards,
Luis Guimaraes

Absolutely, i came here to suggest the same thing, as well s some other features. I think this feature would be a game changer for how people use chat GPT. sometimes i need to go off on relevant tangents to learn more about what i want to learn about. Its relevant enough to stay in the chat im in and not open a new one, but i dont want it to bog down the already crowded main chat. you should be able to highlight a section, and open up a mini side chat based on that. and then it should just be like a little sticky note icon attached to that section that you can click and read the mini chat.