The new Codex App UI redesign is INSANELY LAGGY

Sure I agree, but Chrome with a few tabs takes up 2 gig of RAM and loading a reuters website downloads 100s of megs. So we in general have fallen very far when it comes to lean software, but the point in this post is if there is a genuine bug, and where that is. I have thousands of chats and a dozen projects and I have no lag.

Why don’t I get the cool bugs? :sweat_smile:

Joke aside, you can start a chat with Codex and let’s the model diagnose the App itself. There is also under settings a reinstall work option. Restart your PC ( People forget this one often).

I did that, findings are above.

And no, turning it off and on again (reinstalling) won’t magically solve crappy coding where almost any input event re-renders pretty much the entire UI hierarchy.

He he, sorry I went the IT Crowd (UK) route. Then the best thing is to open an Issue on GitHub.

I already did, but Codex on GitHub has 19.3k Open issues, with about 20-30 new ones added every hour. It’s hard to imagine they can keep up, or even care about keeping up.

The latest update, version 26.928.20755, has resolved 80% of this issue.