Synchronized transcript for read aloud and voice mode

I have a suggestion that would make both read aloud and voice mode more enjoyable to use.

Whenever ChatGPT is speaking, it would be great if the transcript stayed synchronized with the audio, similar to YouTube captions. So, the text would automatically scroll and highlight the words being spoken. It would also be useful if users could tap on any sentence to jump to that point in the audio. That would make it much easier to follow long responses, review information, and quickly find what you heard without manually searching through the transcript. I think that small quality of life improvement would make ChatGPT’s audio experience feel much smoother and easier to navigate, especially during long conversations. I hope you’ll consider it.

Thanks for all the work you’re doing on ChatGPT :white_heart:

Thanks for the idea! Voice already supports on-screen text and some caption options: https://help.openai.com/en/articles/20001274. We’ll pass along your request for word highlighting, auto-scroll and sentence-tap playback in Voice and Read Aloud. No timeline to share.