Suggestion for Improving User Experience: Pre-Prompt Review Feature

Dear OpenAI Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I’ve been an avid user of ChatGPT for some time now, and I wanted to share a suggestion that I believe could enhance the user experience for many of us.

As someone who enjoys engaging with the platform and values its community, I’ve noticed that occasionally prompts may inadvertently violate the platform’s content policies, leading to unexpected consequences for users. To address this concern, I would like to propose the implementation of a “Pre-Prompt Review” feature.

The Pre-Prompt Review feature would provide users with the opportunity to review their prompts before submission, alerting them to any potential violations of the platform’s policies. This would empower users to make informed decisions about their content and help prevent unintentional violations.

I envision this feature as a simple toggle option that users can enable or disable according to their preferences. Those who wish to receive guidance and warnings before submitting prompts can opt in, while others who prefer a more spontaneous approach can continue as usual.

By offering users the ability to review and revise their prompts before submission, we can foster a more positive and compliant community environment while minimizing disruptions caused by policy violations.

I believe that implementing this feature would demonstrate OpenAI’s commitment to user safety and well-being, as well as its dedication to providing a seamless and enjoyable user experience.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. And special thanks to ChatGPT for helping me with this message. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter and am available to discuss further if needed.

Best regards,
David Goldberg

1 Like