Should you ever edit the Custom GPT instruction directly? Or only via chat?

Talking about the new Custom GPTs. Is the instruction basically the same as a system prompt? And is there a length limit to it?

Sort of, you should read this helpful introduction

I have found the best approach is actually to get the chat to make you a base. Take the base and go into a new GPT 4 sessions and flesh it out there with the chat adding in all features you want and asking it for advice letting it know these are instructions for an AI model. Then use what youre provided. The detailed instructions provide much cleaner output.

2 Likes

κ·Έ 지침은 μƒˆλ‘œμš΄ μ„Έμ…˜μ—μ„œ GPTsλ₯Ό μ‹€ν–‰ν–ˆμ„ λ•Œ μ±„νŒ…μ„ 톡해 λͺ¨λ“ κΈ°λŠ₯을 μΆ”κ°€ν•œ 것듀이 κ·ΈλŒ€λ‘œ 반영이 λ©λ‹ˆκΉŒ?

1 Like

AI translated:

In the GPT builder, there are two methods for creating a GPT agent:

• go through a tedious multi-step interview with the AI, or
  • edit the GPT parameters yourself

There are no parameters or information fields that are not exposed with edit boxes in the user interface. Therefore, you can completely construct a GPT without a single use of GPT Builder AI, even uploading your own profile picture instead of using an image created by AI.

Continuing to edit the GPT, the AI is provided the contents of all of the GPT information fields. The AI then can emit new complete values. If you ask it to modify the instructions, it may rewrite them completely, losing crucial phrasing that you carefully crafted. Other methods may also be emitted that you didn’t want changed, like changing the conversation starter prompt language.

AI Translated to Korean:

GPT μ—μ΄μ „νŠΈλ₯Ό κ΅¬μΆ•ν•˜λŠ” λ°©λ²•μ—λŠ” 두 가지가 μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€:

1. AIμ™€μ˜ μ§€λ£¨ν•œ 닀단계 인터뷰λ₯Ό κ±°μΉ˜κ±°λ‚˜,
  2. 직접 GPT λ§€κ°œλ³€μˆ˜λ₯Ό μˆ˜μ •ν•©λ‹ˆλ‹€.

μ‚¬μš©μž μΈν„°νŽ˜μ΄μŠ€μ—μ„œ νŽΈμ§‘ μƒμžλ‘œ λ…ΈμΆœλ˜μ§€ μ•Šμ€ λ§€κ°œλ³€μˆ˜λ‚˜ 정보 ν•„λ“œλŠ” μ—†μœΌλ―€λ‘œ, GPT λΉŒλ” AIλ₯Ό ν•œ λ²ˆλ„ μ‚¬μš©ν•˜μ§€ μ•Šκ³ λ„ GPTλ₯Ό μ™„μ „νžˆ ꡬ좕할 수 μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. 심지어 AIκ°€ μƒμ„±ν•œ 이미지 λŒ€μ‹  μžμ‹ μ˜ ν”„λ‘œν•„ 사진을 μ—…λ‘œλ“œν•  μˆ˜λ„ μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€.

GPTλ₯Ό 계속 νŽΈμ§‘ν•˜λ©΄, AIλŠ” λͺ¨λ“  GPT 정보 ν•„λ“œμ˜ λ‚΄μš©μ„ μ œκ³΅λ°›μŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. 그러면 AIλŠ” μƒˆλ‘œμš΄ μ™„μ „ν•œ 값을 내놓을 수 μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. μ§€μ‹œμ‚¬ν•­μ„ μˆ˜μ •ν•˜λ„λ‘ μš”μ²­ν•˜λ©΄, AIλŠ” 이λ₯Ό μ™„μ „νžˆ λ‹€μ‹œ μž‘μ„±ν•  수 있으며, μ‹ μ€‘ν•˜κ²Œ μž‘μ„±ν•œ μ€‘μš”ν•œ 문ꡬλ₯Ό μžƒμ–΄λ²„λ¦΄ 수 μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€. λ˜ν•œ, λŒ€ν™” μ‹œμž‘ ν”„λ‘¬ν”„νŠΈ μ–Έμ–΄λ₯Ό λ³€κ²½ν•˜λŠ” 것과 같이 λ³€κ²½ν•˜κ³  싢지 μ•Šμ€ λ‹€λ₯Έ 방법듀도 내놓을 수 μžˆμŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€.

I have found this to be exactly the case, and it is frustrating to realize that the GPT Builder completely butchered your previously well-crafted prompt just because one night it asked you if it there was anything your GPT could be doing better - so you give it a minor suggestion and without asking your approval, turns 4 paragraphs and a bullet point list into a single paragraph that generates much lower quality responses. Why I ask? Surely, we have the technology to ask the user for approval before ruining all your shit! No? Am I off my rocker? Am I mad? Have I lost my remote? No. OpenAI hid the remote under the sofa and stole your popcorn. Or something.