Openai Spanish Translate

Hi, I’m from Peru, and the only way I can find to use this application is by using the translator from Spanish to English in the text input and from English to Spanish in the output, since i speak spanish, do you have any idea if it will ever appear Spanish? or would they have to create another neural network but with Spanish words? It is a very big question that I have, thank you.

3 Likes

Hi there, the API is indeed capable of completions in other languages.

We provide a simple English to French prompt example, where the request of “French” could be any other language (e.g. English to Spanish), or even generate ideas in Spanish, etc.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin. I’m from Peru also.

@joey answered your question well. You can change the label of French to Spanish (writing the translations) and it will work well.

But I think you are asking about having an AI with the Spanish language. In that case, OpenAI also works. So if you write ‘Mi nombre es’, it will complete the sentence in the Spanish language.

Since the AI has been trained through data from the internet, it has a good set of languages that it can speak with.

Regards.

Is there also a way to allow AI to listen to english and translate it back to a Spanish speaking individual to hear it?

The last post in this topic is over two years ago, so things have changed.

1. Listening:

The official ChatGPT apps for iPhone and Android have a brand new voice input with speech-to-text, activated for ChatGPT Plus accounts.

Your speech is then used the same way as if you had typed it in to the AI. You’d have to say “Translate this to Spanish” and then let it hear the English.

The voice transcription models don’t like switching languages, so you would likely need to instruct it in English before letting it hear the English to be translated by the language AI.

1. Speaking:

Then you also would need the ChatGPT Plus voice on the app to hear speech if you don’t simply want to read, which is in more limited release and is noted as being for just English currently.

1 Like

Actually, you don’t need to be a Plus user to use the voice input feature.

1 Like

(Soy de España, pero sé inglés)
También puedes usar las instrucciones personalizadas especificandole a ChatGPT que quieres que te responda en español.

(I’m from Spain, but I know English)
You can also use custom instructions by specifying to ChatGPT that you want it to respond to you in Spanish.

1 Like