Obsessed to make an AI OS

I have no programming experience but I’m sick of modern operating systems and I think ai could do a better job reinventing the os from the ground up.

i think the os should have ai at its core controlling and optimising everything.

Right now we use drivers created by each company to run hardware, I wonder if there is a better way to handle them? Or a better kind of driver that ai would be potentially capable of creating?

Users should be able to install the os on any system and have it automatically make all the hardware work properly. They should be able to try to install any app or program and have it run properly without having to worry about the software.

The ai should intelligently choose what, how and how much should be installed.

The windows desktop environment is very user friendly, maybe an ai controlled environment similar to that where users can interact with the system easily with text or voice commands and install/run whatever they want

somebody needs to do (or help me do) this lol

1 Like

Hey basher,

Welcome to the forum.

One of the forum members stevenic has a great project for a ‘Star Trek’ style OS

While it’s not a full blown OS it’s a great start for understanding some of the issues of creating a frontend that builds its own apps and interfaces in real-time.

And it works now!

2 Likes

SynthOS is far from being a complete OS at this point and more an experimental front end. It focuses on the task of automatically generating the UI based on user commands. You can ask SynthOS to create a game or teach you about chemistry and it will automatically re-write it’s UI to accommodate your request. I do have some variants that let it manipulate the file system and such but again, far from a complete OS at this point. The models aren’t quite capable enough yet…

1 Like