Not cool Experience with DALL-E 2

Hey OpenAI team,

I hope you’re all doing well. I wanted to share a bit of an odd situation that happened while I was using DALL·E 2. I asked it to complete a photo with the prompt “complete the photo,” and the result was… well, let’s just say it was completely inappropriate. The image ended up being quite uncomfortable, with the person’s hand in the photo pointing to an intimate part of the female body.

I was kind of taken aback, to be honest. I assume that wasn’t the intention, but I thought it was important to share the experience. I hope the OpenAI team takes a look at this and takes steps to prevent situations like this in the future.

Thanks for your attention, and I look forward to any feedback or clarification on what will be done.

Thanks,
Arthureal
herykz@outlook.com

I find it unlikely that the AI knows what hand gesture it simulated, what is culturally inappropriate, or if it could be reduced by any kind of training.

I might find a hand that has seven fingers upsetting, but that’s just the limited ability of the AI and the variability of the output.

Indian god making Italian hand gestures?

You are given the n= parameter you can send in an API call, so that you can generate three images with the same input, and judge which is best.