I will test to see what happens using the web interface like you have done, but I am actually calling the API from AWS Lambda. I cant show you the text (because the spam prevention will flag the post) but here is a screenshot from the logs that shows the types of response I regularly get:
for the input that got the screenshot output the prompt was ‘Write an algorithm to solve sliding windows problems in C sharp code’ and the model was ‘ada-code-search-text’, but the API just gets caught in some crazy loop, and it happens about half the time (not all the time).
yeah, I had also seen the issue when I was using ‘text-davinci-003’ but at the time I also had some commented out properties in the JSON for the request which may have caused the issue. I have since removed those commented properties and text-davinci-003 seems to be giving me back reasonable results. Ill keep testing today and let you know what I find. I will also try and rebreak it with the commented out properties and see what I find.