Leaving some answers unfinished

Hello everyone, I created a bot using Chat completions. I gave close to 50 user assistance examples and all of them in English. I asked our company’s CTO. The question I asked was in Turkish, but the first answer he gave was one letter, and when I asked the second, he gave them all.
Screenshot from 2023-03-10 12-41-41

This doesn’t always happen. It happens every now and then.

1 Like

Hi Zeiki,

do you have more information about any changes you made (training dataset, etc.)? Or do you use the API directly without making any further changes in the backend?

1 Like

A solution suggestion from the gut if you use the base API: You could add the following upstream string to the prompts via the backend:

“Translate the following in English, phrase your reply in Turkish: ()”

Why does this help? The translation forces the model to process the entire text. In the next step, the answer is generated in Turkish. You have a slight performance degradation due to the double translation, but it should improve the stability of the responses.

1 Like

Hi Linus,
This is the messages build:

I used gpt-3.5-turbo.
There are 100 lines, such as user-assistance, all in English

1 Like

Oh this is quite interesting, because to my best knowledge and what I have seen here on other forums finetuneing for gpt 3.5 turbo is not (yet) available. Interesting that you got it to work - great work! :+1:

So to get back to your question: I think in your case it is because we are at the intersection of two not yet perfected functions (Turkish language processing and gpt-3.5-turbo-training) which causes these dropouts. I think the suggestion I just made to always translate the messages to English and then back to the user’s original language will make it easier for your model to match the training data and thus increase reliability.

Thanks Linus I hope I can fix this problem.

1 Like

My friend, I defined nearly 100 user-assistants, I deleted half of them and the problem was fixed.

1 Like

I’m very glad to hear that you could solve the problem! Great that you shared the solution here in the forum! :+1:

1 Like