Inquiry on Optimizing Token Usage and Increasing Daily Limits for GPT-4-1106-Preview in Educational Platform

Greetings to all,

I’m reaching out to discuss our current application of the gpt-4-1106-preview model within our K-12 educational platform. Our primary function involves processing extensive text data and transforming it into structured lesson plans. Given the substantial volume of text we handle, our recent testing via the Python API led to a rate-limit notification after we exhausted the maximum token allowance in a single day.

I’m seeking advice on strategies to maximize our daily token usage more effectively. Additionally, I’m curious if there’s an option to augment the daily token limit from the account settings. Our operations often require processing larger text volumes than the current 500,000-token threshold allows.

Any guidance or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Developer Forum!

A credit payment to your account to bring the total spend to $250, and so long as it has been at least 14 days since your first payment, will remover the upper daily limit.

Hello Foxabilo,

Thanks for the warm welcome. If I have understood correctly, we must consume the API until 250$ is utilised from our account, and wait for 14 more days to break the limit. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The payment is what qualifies you.

The concern is only the paying and that the paying doesn’t get reported fraudulent or charged back. The tier system originally limited the size of the payment IN instead of how fast it could come OUT.

@_j thanks for the clarification.

Best regards

@Classess

Is it OK if a moderator closes this topic?

Yes, sure @EricGT . But can we reopen it when we wish to?

You could not but a moderator could.

For now will leave this topic open.

Okay thanks @EricGT . Thanks for keeping the post open.

1 Like