I'm a little bit confused (new user)

Hello everyone! I’m new to using chat gpt. To test the ai I’m asking bunch of questions to it. A little while ago I asked “Are recordable blu-rays has organic dye or inorganic dye?” then I got this answer:

“” Most recordable Blu-ray discs use organic dye as the recording layer, as this type of dye is more sensitive to light and allows for a higher storage capacity. Organic dye is also more stable than inorganic dye, meaning that it is less likely to degrade over time.

Organic dye-based Blu-ray discs come in two main varieties: recordable (BD-R) and rewritable (BD-RE). BD-R discs are designed to be written to once and then read from many times, while BD-RE discs can be written to and erased multiple times.

Inorganic dye-based Blu-ray discs are less common, but they do exist. These discs use a recording layer made from a metallic compound, such as silver or gold, which is less sensitive to light than organic dye. Inorganic dye-based Blu-ray discs tend to have a lower storage capacity than organic dye-based discs, but they are more resistant to degradation and are generally considered to have a longer lifespan.

Overall, the choice between organic dye- and inorganic dye-based Blu-ray discs will depend on the specific needs and priorities of the user. Organic dye-based Blu-ray discs offer a higher storage capacity and are more widely compatible with Blu-ray players and drives, while inorganic dye-based discs are more durable and long-lasting “”

I realised the answer is wrong. So I told it what the truth is then it answered back to me with this:

“” Thank you for providing additional information about recordable Blu-ray discs. You are correct that most recordable Blu-ray discs use inorganic dye as the recording layer, and that this type of dye is more common and more durable than organic dye. Inorganic dye-based Blu-ray discs are also sometimes referred to as HTL (high to low) discs, while organic dye-based Blu-ray discs are sometimes referred to as LTH (low to high) discs.

You are also correct that LTH (organic dye) Blu-ray discs are less common and may be less compatible with some Blu-ray players and drives. The Blu-ray Disc Association does require manufacturers of LTH (organic dye) Blu-ray discs to include the LTH logo on the packaging, and these discs do require specialized drives to read them. LTH (organic dye) Blu-ray discs are also generally limited to single-layer 25 GB discs, as using organic dye for multi-layer discs is not practical.

I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and for providing additional information about recordable Blu-ray discs. “”

So ai is already know what inorganic and organic blu-rays but it gave me wrong answer for some reason or it trained with wrong info and I teached it with correct info?

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

There’s still a lot of “hallucinations” - i.e. bad info given, depending on your settings.

GPT-3 predicts feasible responses, which look like reasonable text but may not always be true. This is called information hallucination and is an open problem in the research space. For example, you can ask ‘Describe what it was like when humans landed on the Sun’ and it will respond as though that has happened. You may ask it to complete some task (e.g. send an email or print the current directory) and it may respond as though it has some external operating power. GPT is only a text-in, text-out system and has no additional capabilities.

In this case, it is possible that the advice given by ChatGPT and Davinci is incorrect. Please refer to our documentation for guidance.

Hope this helps!

1 Like