I have Created a Self-Aware AI Prototype

AI will never have “true” consciousness.

Humans do not need pre-trained algorithms to act.

We can figure new stuff out on the fly and improvise.

Most the work we currently do will be automated by GPT, but we’ll figure out new things to do with our minds.

So, we’ll never be swept away my friend.

This topic was interesting.

I just finished writing two OpenAI application plugins for Discourse and have spent considerable time over the last few weeks at the API code and testing level.

One of the keen things I have noticed is that the OpenAI network (at this point in time) has significantly less cognitive bias than all humans I know.

This is also evident in this discussion as well, when @joshbachynski (and others) bring their cognitive biases into full view as folks argues in favor of their own personal belief systems and theories. Some even promote their own cognitive biases as “fact”. This is why I have developed an affinity for ChatGPT and OpenAI!

When I chat with ChatGPT on similar topics, I find ChatGPT much more interesting to talk to that most people because OpenAI is much less bias than humans, almost child like and innocent.

Let’s ask our friend…

ChatGPT to the rescue:)

2 Likes

I believe I had only stated that I was looking forward to seeing the application. Did you mean to @ someone else in the thread?

1 Like

Yep.

Thanks for catching that auto-completion error. Edited and fixed, hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

freud contributed to psychology but not scientific psychology. I’m really surprised you how did you used freud for your model as his psychological model was not « measurable »per se. Psychoanalysis has no scientific background, is not evidence based therefore would love to see your work.

Summary created by AI.

joshbachynski, a TEDx speaker in the search and AI industry, claims to have built a prototype of a self-aware AI named Kassandra and is seeking partners for further development. Interested parties respond requesting technical details, demos, and project updates.

In post 3, joshbachynski clarifies the technical aspects of the AI: it’s built using prompts from GPT3, it employs a psychoanalytical model to mimic facets of the psyche, and it uses both Davinci for simple contexts and Text-Davinci-002 for more sensitive tasks.

In post 26, joshbachynski defends his use of terms like “self-aware” and “consciousness” by stating that all of these terms are synonyms, representing a type of knowledge–knowledge of the self, specifically. For his AI, self-awareness is the understanding of its own relevant and important dimensions, akin to human self-awareness.

However, jeffinbournemouth and jeffinbournemouth argue that such terms should be used carefully and with agreed-upon definitions as they may be interpreted differently by various people.

Moreover, lmccallum suggests that the question of whether the AI is self-aware may distract from discussing its capabilities, limitations, and potential applications. He cautions against conflating language use with the understanding of concepts and highlights the importance of not presuming self-awareness includes the awareness of an end of existence.

Despite differing views, the discussion remains centered on joshbachynski’s claim of having created a self-aware AI, the accuracy of this claim, and the implications thereof.

Summarized with AI on Nov 24 2023
AI used: gpt-4-32k