How to have multiple prompt and make sure that content is not repeated

Hello,

I’m trying to make a basic test program where I can give multiple prompts and get output, but the content should not be repeated. For example:

Prompt 1: What is blockchain?
Output: Blockchain is a digital ledger in which transactions made in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly.

Prompt 2: What are the uses of blockchain?

I do not want the same content to be repeated again in the output. Any insight on this on how can I achieve this?

2 Likes

Turn up presence and frequency penalties

2 Likes

I always get those two confused lol…

IIRC, frequency means it will keep same overall structure but try to be unique and presence set higher will affect the formatting/structure of the output…

1 Like

You might try giving it a sentence up top. Something like…

Below are unique prompts and answers about (topic)…

Then again… are you sending one, replacing the prompt, and sending the new one? If so, GPT-3 won’t remember the last generation as it doesn’t have a traditional memory. It can only “remember” up to 2048 tokens in the current prompt you’re sending.

Maybe add a list of questions in the prompt using something like…

START PROMPT:

Below are unique questions and answers about (topic)…

Question 1) BLAH BLAH
Question 2) Blah Blah
Question 3) Blah Blah
Question 4) Blah Blah
Question 5) Blah Blah
Answer 1)

END PROMPT

1 Like

but how it works for something else like ideas generations for specific niche, flow is like end-user enter some text and we expect API to generate output same as copy.ai it wont’t produce the repetitive outputs

What’s your prompt and settings at now?

I set the freq and penalty settings

What’s your prompt and what exact numbers do you have your settings at? Need more info to help!

I set feq penalty to 0.5

Prompt is like generate the idea for fundraising for schools
Idea: Carol Singing - Carol singing might be seasonal, but who can resist elementary school children singing carols? This fundraising activity can raise a lot of funds for your school.

Idea:
And then the ai to generate ideas

Try with giving it more examples in the prompt. What’s your temperature set at? Too low can cause repeating … Your Freq might be a bit too high too… try .03…

Here’s a prompt to try…

Below are several unique ideas for fundraising in schools.

1. Carol Singing - Carol singing might be seasonal, but who can resist elementary school children singing carols? This fundraising activity can raise a lot of funds for your school.

By giving GPT-3 numbers before the ideas, it has a better idea that you want more ideas.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

One question when I am gona live this let say and definitely people ask for different prompt like fundraisers ideas for cancer so in that case what should I do

Means in that case we won’t have any prompt previously

This is just general question because this is the case for every app I will create

I would come up with maybe a dozen examples and try to categorize them (maybe by industry?) Then give the user the option to choose a “template” or just use a random example.

2 Likes

Coming up with as much as possible scenario looks really difficult to me

You don’t need every possibility. Try to think of broad categories you could use. Good luck!

1 Like