How to cancel CHATGPT subscription. Can't find cancell button?

Hello every one. I too wanted to cancel my chatgpt subscription and couldn’t find any way.
The subscription and plan dissapear from any menu, chatgpt can’t give a good answer, forums ask to go to help, and help is unreachable.

Here is how i cancelled my chatgpt subscription.
I went into my emails and searched for one email received from chatgpt when i subscribed or when i received the invoice.
I clicked on thos links and i reached a link pay[DOT]openai[DOT]com[slash]p[slash]session[slash]live
sorry for the encoding, but they don’t allow direct link here.
Which contained a cookie related to my account.
There i could see my plan and i was able to hit cancel un subscription.

I tried to see if only pay[DOT]openai[DOT]com[slash]p[slash]session[slash]live without the cookie of the sesion work, or any other way, but it does not working.
So it should be your own link from one of the emails you received from chatgpt.

it looks to me that openai has rechead a point where they act like scammers.
they do everything they can to prohibit users to unsubscribe.
i even tried to unsubscribe from the chatgpt app, with no success.

This is very sad! I will never subscribe anymore to chatgpt, because they are not into business anymore, but into scamming.
Shame on you openai for such a scam manuver!!!

1 Like

Below this post are Related Topics. I know the “My Plan” noted in some of the FAQ is missing but some of the topics are being accepted as solutions using help.

HTH

I had the same problem and I figured out a weird way to get to it since the button and account information is NO WHERE around.

Anyway, go to Open AI website, and click pricing. Click on the subscription you have. And there’s a TINY “you already have this” and “manage your subscription” button, and it finally got me to my account screen, where I was able to cancel.

Hope this helps.
Way too hard to find.

2 Likes

This has got to be intentional. Jesus christ

In case you can’t find it - AGAIN - they changed their website…today here is the direct link to the chat GPT pricing, as per my instructions in the previous post.

https://openai.com/chatgpt/pricing/

2 Likes

Joined just to say I have the same issue. The links chatgpt give me are dead. There are NO subscription menus when I log into chatgpt plus. This is on 3 browsers on two PCs. The app shows I have plus, but there is a message saying I bought it on a different platform and I have to cancel it there. I checked my Google play account and it is NOT being billed there. This is super scummy. I emailed them and if it isn’t resolved then I will waste time contacting my bank to block payments. They can really go F themselves.

Found another thread with the answers, " in the bottom left corner click on “Add Team workspace” and then you’ll be redirected to the window where you can see the subscription options. There you’ll see the option “Manage my subscription” which will redirect you to the Stripe page where you can manage your payment methods." Yeah, super scummy burying it there. I hope the company fails miserably.

2 Likes

yes it is, because they don’t want you to unsubscribe.
I quit using chatgpt plus because of this scam they do.

Your method works very well. Thanks