Getting API error for long prompts but no errors with short prompts

I get below error when I use prompt with 3000 tokens with expectation of 500 tokes on completions. It works perfectly fine when i ask simple promots like"how are you". I am using DaVinci model. Earlier it was working perfectly fine for the same prompt.

RateLimitError: Rate limit reached for default-text-davinci-003 in organization org-xxxxxxxx on tokens per min. Limit: 150000.000000 / min. Current: 315000.000000 / min. Contact support@openai.com if you continue to have issues. Please add a payment method to your account to increase your rate limit. Visit OpenAI API to add a payment method.

Do you have other members in your org consuming API?

Also 3000 token for prompt is very long.Consider prompt engineering. Read: Best practices for prompt engineering with OpenAI API | OpenAI Help Center

Sometimes if you send repeated requests to the GPT call, it shows this error. Try and put some sleep or delay between your requests and see whether that helps

I am not sending repeated requests. if i send tokens with less than 20 lines then it works.

Hi @lalituor

Please post your entire JSON API completion response using / wrapped with Markdown triple backticks.

Thanks

:slight_smile: