Generated text not formatting

Hi, my generated text on ChatGPT isn’t formatting properly and it has been going on for over 2 hours now. No amount of regeneration can get it to format properly. Sometimes it does show in the correct format as the text generates but it reverts back to the LaTex format after a few lines. Here are some pictures.

As you can see in the picture, I have regenerated the response 8 times, and it is still not displayed correctly. What could be the problem here?

I’m having the same issue

Me and my friend are having the same issue on different browsers (chrome & edge)

Having the same issue as well

I am also having the same issue. I tried logging out, clearing my cache, etc. Nothing is working. I tried on 3.5, 4, and 4o.

Same issue for me too. Both 4 and 4o failing to format correctly.

Same issue here. I can see formating for like a millisecond though.

yeah me the same problem, yesterday 28 of may was great but today this problem is still in since this morning

mee too this is too much pain whilst doing logarithm through it

same issue here on Safari for mac

if anyone is on mac, the mac gpt app still formats correctly

Same issue here.

What i am noticing is that all old chat history. In every single old chat, this is the problem. I tried to revise some old mathematical notes and went crazy.


Same issue here

If i may suggest a temporary work around.

The chat looks fine on my iphone.

Its just the browser that is doing this.

Same issue here. Already tried a different browser.

Same issue. Formatting on web browser for PC Chrome/Firefox having formatting issues.

iPhone app has no issues, even on previous chats where formatting was not pulling through on PC web browser.

Told it, it wasn’t formatting its text properly, then it looks like it tries to format it, then just goes back to not formatting it.

Still having the same issue…

I found a fix to this issue (at least I hope), basically if you specifically tell it at the end of the message to use LaTex formatting in brackets like this: “-your message- (use LaTex formatting)” it should work every time, or it does for me at least

For me this only happens in Edge but not in Chrome