Free Fine-Tuning extended to October 31st, 2024 by OpenAI

devsfinetune

Any fine-tuning projects you’re working on?

Feel free to share with the community!

5 Likes

I’m going to fine-tune using my novels again, I think. I wonder if @eawestwrites has any recent tips?! :wink:

I might also use my 100,000+ character backstories to fine-tune.

What about you? Anything you’re working on fine-tuning?

Problems you’ve run into? Tips for us newbies?

2 Likes

I have all my emails from work that I would love to use as a base for a fine tuned model. They currently exist as .msg files. Anyone with an idea on how to approach this best?

1 Like

As an input for the fine-tuning you need to create a data set composed of input-output pairs, i.e. pairs of user messages and assistant messages, as shown here in the example training data format, along with a system message (optional):

In your case you could construct this as follows:

• Input/user messages could be either a few bullets that outline the intended content of the email and the recipient OR an email from another person that you have responded to
  • Output/assistant message would then be the corresponding email from your collection of emails that you have sent and that reflect the desired style of emails

In the system message you could provide some additional instructions regarding the task and some overarching stylistic guidelines. However, given you provide actual examples, you don’t have to overly detailed.

For additional guidance, you can take a look at the following fine-tuning guide.