To anyone who has already been forced to migrate their custom GPTs:
-
Did it work flawlessly right out of the gate?
-
How much time did you waste tweaking and adjusting it?
-
Have you tried fixing just a single line of instruction?
-
Is it following your rules strictly?
-
Is your defined workflow actually being respected?
-
Have any of your migrated plugins been publicly approved yet?
I want to see if others are facing the same struggles as I am (along with many other users across this forum, Reddit, and Discord). My goal is to gather our experiences here as a unified appeal for a proper, functional migration tool.
I’ll go first.
I haven’t been able to migrate a single plugin smoothly. Every single one has required hours of tweaking, and the vast majority still don’t function properly. Trying to fix a single line of instruction, a workflow sequence, or a simple bug turns into an uphill battle of you vs. the plugin migration chat (something that used to take seconds to resolve). With more complex GPTs, I’m having a massive struggle getting them to follow correct instructions and workflows. Whether it’s fetching data from knowledge bases, following basic text formatting rules, or respecting simple image aspect ratios… regardless of whether I use the assistant, do it manually, or even get help from other developers and AIs, the plugin simply ignores and disrespects the instructions. If I call out the plugin chat on this, it admits the mistake and provides a fix—which still doesn’t work.
I submitted one over 15 days ago, and it was approved. However, since the recent changes to the rules and submission process, not a single one has been accepted. Some have been stuck in review for over 5 days with absolutely no response.