Feature Request — Please Restore the Previous ChatGPT Home Interface

Dear OpenAI Support,

I would like to submit feedback about the current ChatGPT user interface.

Recently, I noticed that the ChatGPT home screen has changed significantly. I personally preferred the previous interface and would like to request that OpenAI consider bringing back a similar design, or providing an option to use the previous-style interface.

The previous home screen had a much simpler and more focused design. It prominently displayed:

“What can I help with?”

with a central message box and simple suggested actions such as:

Solve

Summarize text

Help me write

Surprise me

Get advice

More

I found this design much cleaner, more intuitive, and more pleasant to use.

The current interface feels very different. It places options such as image generation, writing/editing, and web search prominently around the input area, and the overall home screen layout feels less simple and less visually appealing to me.

I understand that the newer interface may be intended to provide easier access to tools and features. However, I would still like OpenAI to consider giving users a choice of interface styles rather than replacing the previous experience entirely.

Ideally, I would like one of the following:

Restore the previous ChatGPT home interface;

Provide an optional “Classic Interface” or “Previous Interface” setting;

Or preserve the simplicity and layout of the previous interface while keeping all modern ChatGPT capabilities and tools.

I am not asking OpenAI to remove modern features. I would like the current capabilities, models, tools, and functionality to remain available while allowing users who preferred the previous interface to continue using a familiar and simpler home screen.

For me, the user interface is an important part of the overall ChatGPT experience. Changes to the interface can significantly affect how natural, comfortable, and familiar ChatGPT feels to use.

I would therefore greatly appreciate it if this feedback could be recorded and shared with the product/UI team for consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my feedback.

Sincerely,

A longtime ChatGPT user

The second screenshot shows the previous interface that I preferred, while the first screenshot shows the current interface.