False information about visual input

Hello,
I subscribed to a chatGPT plus membership to access the most advanced features.
you can see that on this page :

It is supposed to be able to process visual input,
But everytime I try, it answers me that its impossible.

Did someone managed to achieve this ? or should I Ask for a refund ?

This is a problem with OpenAI not clearly defining their products. It is an issue people have brought up before, but they don’t do anything about it.

GPT-4 and ChatGPT are two different things. ChatGPT Plus has access to the GPT-4 model, but it doesn’t not have visual input as an option yet. GPT-4 the API might, I’ve actually never tried it so I don’t know, but that is for if you are making an app.

As for refunds, I don’t think OpenAI (even with 10 billion dollars sitting in the bank) has the infrastructure to do that. User support doesn’t seem to be priority on their list to be honest. However, if you are stuck with ChatGPT Plus for at least 1 month, you might as well take a look at some of the plugins. There might be something similar that can fit your needs. I know for a fact MixerBox has a plugin that allows you to generate images with ChatGPT, so maybe someone has a classifier plugin.

There’s currently no publicly available product from OpenAI that has visual input.

3 Likes

And welcome to the developer forum btw, we can’t help you with anything billing related.

If you want to request a refund, you can do that here:
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/7232895-how-do-i-request-a-refund

1 Like