Export Chats in ChatGPT-Team

Hello, I can no longer find a way to export chats as XML in the ChatGPT team. In ChatGPT Plus, there is such an option. You then get a link to a zip file.

1 Like

Same here, itā€™s supposed to be under Settings > Data Controls > Export, but there is no such link that I can find.

You canā€™t export after moving to a Teams workspace. I just wanted the 100 messages every 4 hours so I ā€œupgradedā€ but now I canā€™t access my data. This sucks.

1. Merge your ChatGPT Personal (Free/Plus) workspace into your Team workspace. This allows you to migrate data from your personal workspace to your Team workspace to become one unified workspace, and deletes your personal workspace after migration. If you have a Plus subscription, we will automatically cancel it and provide a refund for your remaining subscription period, except if you have a mobile subscription. If you have a mobile subscription, please see the linked articles for how to [cancel your Plus subscription on iOS]
      Please note that merging your workspaces is irreversible.

What will happen to my data if I merge my workspaces?

All of your existing chat history and GPTs from your personal workspace will be moved to the Team workspace. Any plugins or custom instructions that youā€™ve set up in your personal workspace will be deleted upon merging. If you had an existing verified domain in your GPT Builder Profile, you will need to re-verify that domain in the new Team workspace.

Is it possible to lose access to migrated data on my Team workspace?

If you migrate your data, that data is now considered part of your Team workspace. If you lose access to your Team workspace, you will also lose access to the migrated data.

This means that if you ever leave or get removed from the Team workspace, or if the workspace itself gets deactivated, you will lose access to all of your data in your Team workspace. Instead, when you access your account, you will be redirected to a new Personal workspace without existing data. Therefore, itā€™s crucial to ensure you understand your Team or organizationā€™s policies before choosing whether to merge your personal workspace or keep your personal workspace separate.

Can I export my data on a Team workspace?

No, you cannot export your data on a Team workspace.

1 Like

I just found out (the hard way) about this. It is nonsensical. We do invest in creating our agents and teaching them how to help us. Just loosing access to our prompts and convos is not ok. Im a bit angry at this. I think we need an export data feature for teams right away.

1 Like

Hi all

I have this same frustration / issue. This seems to be simply, likely to be on the ā€˜Developmentā€™ to do list, Iā€™m guessing.

OpenAI is growing quickly and these sorts of issues are cropping up. That said - I am immensely frustrated by this particular issue of having this weird in-between account, not Plus, not enterprise, but Teams.

Also what about APIs with this Team account, I also seem to not be able to use my organisation id of my team to access APIs. @frank_behr @williamdean19 - Have you tried this? My account is in some sort of OpenAI Teams limbo, love the tool, but this one is frustrating.

1 Like

Very problematic. I hope this gets addressed soon.

1 Like

I just found out too after merging Plus and Team accounts.

Especially since I can no longer find some messages from my Plus account, which was actually the reason I wanted to export so I could search for them in the exported data - in case they were somehow displayed in the wrong order.

This is simply unacceptable. I may be wrong, but as I understand the law, at least in Europe, OpenAI would be obliged under the GDPR to provide a copy of the stored data in a ā€œcommonly used and machine-readable formatā€. It would be interesting to officially request the data copy based on Article 15 (3) GDPR in conjunction with Art. 20.

Irrespective of this, a corresponding notice when merging the accounts would be the very least that can be expected.

This means that the team accounts not only have advantages, but apparently also a considerable disadvantage or problem.

Does anyone have a python script to automate the extraction of chats from Chat GPT Teams?

If not Iā€™ll write one and share a public GitHub link here.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking for something like this for a while. There are some chrome browser extensions but I donā€™t trust them with my data. I want an open source solution if anything. Ability to match the previous export method would be preferred as Iā€™ve written tools to import into a local database for processing and exploration of ideas.

this is what Chatagpt Team answered:

Iā€™m sorry for the confusion. It seems I provided incorrect information about the current capabilities for exporting chat data from the ChatGPT platform. As of now, there isnā€™t a direct feature within ChatGPT itself for users to download all their conversations automatically. My previous description of a data export feature does not apply to ChatGPT.

If you need to save or keep a record of your conversations, you would need to manually copy the text from the chat interface and save it in a document or use screenshots, as I mentioned earlier.

If exporting your data is crucial for you, you might want to give feedback directly to OpenAI. This kind of user feedback can be invaluable for developing new features in future updates.