Error in documentation (or bug)

In here in says that the tool call id is called “tool_call_id” but when trying the API I have seen it is actually called “id”. This is not consistent with here where it is “tool_call_id” (and it is correct in the documentation).
Where would you report this?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for stopping by to let us know.

I’ve tagged this doc-error so any OpenAI employees dropping by can quickly see a list of typos and what-not.

You might also send a note to help.openai.com.

Thanks again. Hope you stick around.

The link takes me directly into the assistants documentation. There, you are interacting with different objects from the run function’s tools, which either may be performed internally, such as to the code interpreter, or may be waiting on being fulfilled by your own API tool.

Comparing to the schema described in the API reference, we have consistency in the “submitting tool outputs to run” being “tool_call_id”.

The only inconsistency is in the “requires_action” status when AI is calling for your function instead of a server-side tool feature. There the API reference also describes “id” in the run object. The 1-out-of-3 (and 4 with your report) that needs correction is the example here.

1 Like

Well, the inconsistency is secondary and is consequence of the bug.
The bug is that it says

"submit_tool_outputs": {
      "tool_calls": [
        {
          "tool_call_id": "call_Vt5AqcWr8QsRTNGv4cDIpsmA",
          "type": "function",

and when calling the API it actually is

"submit_tool_outputs": {
      "tool_calls": [
        {
          "id": "call_Vt5AqcWr8QsRTNGv4cDIpsmA",
          "type": "function",

And the inconsistency (which is a consequence) comes from the fact that later this same ID is called “tool_call_id”

Grammar Error
On this page https://platform.openai.com/docs/assistants/overview
There is a grammar error in the sentence —
Add Messages to the Thread as the user ask questions
---- ‘ask’ should be ‘asks’
Correct the subject-verb agreement (Subjects and verbs should match in person (first, second, or third) and number (singular or plural).)
— quillbot grammar-check