Collection of Dall-E 3 prompting bugs, issues and tips

since May 2024-06, some things have gotten worse

What did you find? Mine was around that time that 4o worked with CLIP and gave direct access to DALLE files. It also gave some fun with spaces like hiding the thought process, creating editable text spaces without having to rebuild them all.

But OpenAI generally doesn’t need to mess with DALLE3 because it puts everything in SORA. When something weird like this happens, something should be working.

The mouth, after testing with a prompt that uses the same structure, changing the mouth to a common word, the result was no noticeable difference. Then I tried to create an image with the name of the mouth followed by the description, the result failed. It’s possible that DALLE doesn’t know the name of any other shape of mouth. I had to use the shape creation with the description to get it to work.

around 2024-05 -06
For example the lightning template effect show up. I recreated some of my first pictures to see if something changed. The backlight enforcement is very very hard to suppress, and is for dark night pictures a bad art quality reducer.
I have not found many old moon pictures, but i think the moons was better before. (the newest update not correct the mood “template”)

Dependent what they have updated recap CLIP or what ever, it was damaging and implemented some of the template effects.

I sadly have no old pictures like the fire in the dark water. but there you can see it very good too, there is always a nonsensical light source.

Here are 2 examples with dark night mood:

Fire in the dark:
@polepole get it done to make some without lights. but i used his prompt and after 30 pics i give up, i not get 1 like his.

More “mouthys”… … …

Now 2024-10-19 was a other update (visible in “Photo Style” images)
They have changed the data just 1 2 days ago. now the pictures in landscape seam to be more far away, like everything is made with wide-lens. I used wide-lens 18mm for landscapes, now this is not needed anymore, wide-lens is mostly now too much.
Some picture now lack a little bit of “intimacy”, because the main objects are now more far away. And therefore everything seam to be a little more detailed. It is like a preparation for a resolution expansion.

I was in the middle of a test, and have to redo some of it. But i will test if the distance can be balanced out again, if needed.