I’m developing Market Tycoon, a Unity management game on Windows. I make the decisions and playtest; ChatGPT in Chrome helps with design, planning and review; Codex in Cursor’s terminal implements and runs technical checks.
After each milestone, I used to copy Codex’s response into ChatGPT, then find and attach four Markdown reports scattered across project folders. With Remote Desktop Commander connected to my computer, I now paste the response with its file paths and ask ChatGPT to consult the documents through the plugin. I keep the existing conversation and its project context.
Here’s what we’ve actually used it for:
- Reviewing deliveries: reading project documents, C# code, settings, Git status and commits, test logs and saved screenshots, then checking what was completed and what remained pending.
- Investigating UI problems: when I complained about oversized menus, ChatGPT inspected font-size and Canvas-scaling settings and prepared a more precise task for Codex.
- Saving ideas while Codex works: with my approval, ChatGPT writes selected ideas into
Docs/Ideas/, with dated notes and an index for future planning. Recording an idea does not authorize implementation.
There was a real coordination snag: Codex paused packaging after detecting the new notes. We clarified that Markdown changes in that folder were expected parallel documentation, to be preserved separately from implementation commits. That agreement doesn’t technically prevent conflicts.
Setup took some retries and reconnections, but daily use became simpler. I still copy Codex’s summary: there is no automatic conversation sync or continuous monitoring. Reading a report marked PASS doesn’t rerun its tests. This isn’t an offline workflow, and I haven’t measured time/token/quota savings or audited the plugin’s security.
The practical benefit for me is less document hunting and fewer interruptions, with reviews grounded in the actual project files.
How do you handle this workflow? I’d welcome concrete alternatives—especially a simpler way to connect an existing browser conversation to selected local folders, with clear read/write permissions and protection against outdated files or conflicting edits.
I didn’t create the plugin, have no commercial affiliation, and am not seeking credit or payment. I’m sharing something that helped me and hoping to learn a better approach.