Can Dalle 2 Model be trained?

Hey everyone!

I’m currently building an AI product using Dalle 2 to read a prompt and to create an image based on that prompt!

I’m looking to train Dalle 2 so that the images it’s producing get better and more accurate.

I saw some things about using the fine tune option to train a model but I didn’t see Dalle 2 as an option as a model that can be trained!

Does anyone have any resources on how I can achieve this?

1 Like

DALLE2 cannot be fine-tuned at this time. I believe Stable Diffusion allows you to do it, though.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Paul! Is Stable Diffusion in the docs already?

1 Like

Stable Diffusion is another model that has nothing to do with OpenAI.

I think part of the problem is safety. Stable Diffusion will let you train with anything, even copyrighted photos/art. I don’t think there’s a good way to stop fine-tuning on commercial art where you don’t have the license, so I’m not sure if OpenAI will ever allow fine-tuning.

All that said, this is one of the reasons I’m sticking with DALLE2 and not using SD (which can do better D&D art sometimes) … because of the way the models were trained…

Hope this helps. AI art is moving so fast, it’s hard to keep up sometimes.

1 Like

Appreciate you breaking this down I’m a newbie trying to catch up on everything lol

1 Like

No worries. Happy to help how I can.

It’s definitely not easy keeping up to date!

I’ll try to make more time to share helpful / interesting image AI articles in the “In the News” section.

1 Like