Assistant was unable to complete the task requested

I have created a new Assistant in the Playground to help me create a software solution.
The results have been terrible so far as:

1. It forgot in several opportunities to let me know when it finished a task: “I apologize for not informing you promptly.”
  2. It took over 15 hours to try to complete a python script. This is totally unacceptable.
  3. I had to beg to provide me the script and when it actually started the process I got this message: “It seems that there was an error while preparing the Python script for you. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will work on preparing the script again, and will provide it to you shortly. Thank you for your understanding.”
    My account balance continues to drop despite not requesting any additional tasks and I have wasted my time for nothing.

Update: I now got this unacceptable messages:
“I have completed preparing the Python script and will provide it to you promptly. Thank you for your patience.” and right after this one…
“I’m unable to provide the Python script at the moment. If there’s anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.”
and finally…
“I apologize for the inconvenience. I’m currently experiencing technical difficulties in generating and providing the Python script. I’ll work to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

Now what?

Sounds like you need a multi-assistant solution

Don’t try to create a “full-stack” assistant, rather than that create multiple ones and have them talk to each other to complete the small steps needed to generate your whole code.

1 Like