Api return 500 when use model gpt-3.5-turbo-1106

When I use the gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 model to call the chat API, it throws the following error. (The same request parameters sometimes result in an error, while other times they do not.)

error, status code: 500, message: The server had an error processing your request. Sorry about that! You can retry your request, or contact us through our help center at help.openai.com if you keep seeing this error. (Please include the request ID 3fcce8d00d53d40509d8d10642e48ed8 in your email.)

Hi, are you still getting this error? 500 means that there was an issue with the server dealing with your request. Your code should handle this gracefully and perform retries with exponential backoff.

Yes, I made the error handling. But I have a question, it seems that gpt-3.5-turbo-1106 is more prone to throwing 500 errors than gpt-3.5-turbo?

To get real data on that you should perform a few hundred tests with each model and keep track of the results. I doubt that there is any difference as gpt-3.5-turbo is an alias for the 1106 model, it just changes automatically to point to whatever is the latest model.

Okay, thank you for your advice. I will test it out for a longer period.