Anybody want to test Prompt Perfect?

It’s not just you, I pushed an update to the code and the plugin was automatically unverified.

We’ve resubmitted and are hoping to be re-added to the store any day now.

If you want to be updated when we’re live again you can follow on Twitter or join our newsletter.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Done everything you said, I patiently wait for it to be reinserted. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. Did you pull your plugin from the plugin store? Can’t find it anymore? Would love to try it out.

Thanks,

I’ll come back and check in a day or two.

Have a good one,

Gee,

I tried the plugin. I typed “a prompt for santa claus”. Something simple. It worked but it didn’t seem to do anything that ChatGPT wouldn’t already do on its own. So I am not sure how I would use it. I THOUGHT, because its called “Perfect Prompt” that it created the perfect AI Graphic prompt for DALL-E or something. But that is not what it is about.
Question: Why do we need a “perfect” prompt? What would be the purpose of having a perfect prompt as opposed to an imperfect prompt?

Prompt Perfect won’t know something like “a prompt for santa claus” is for an ai-generated image prompt.

If you want a prompt that you can then use on DALL-E, you may want to do this “perfect create an ai image prompt for santa claus that could be used in Dall-E” → you can click to see the prompt

1 Like

Used it before and it was pretty cool, just tried it again and can’t get it to connect to the plugin service.

If you had it installed prior to this Wednesday, you’ll need to uninstall the old unverified version and re-install the new version.

If you search Prompt Perfect in the plugin store, you’ll see a new version to install.

The version with the shield can be uninstalled. If you run into issues let us know!

1 Like

GPT-4 seems to be having trouble connecting to the PromptPerfect plugin. I installed it today for the first time, so there I have the most up to date version. Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Reach out via Twitter or DM here and we can help figure out what’s going on.

We will need more details on times you’ve received error, length of prompt, etc.

Cannot uninstall the unverified version. Get “Error uninstalling Prompt Perfect.”. The verified version is OK but now I have both listed as plugins. The unverified version doesn’t work so I disabled it. How can I remove its carcass? Thanks, Dave

We don’t have access to ChatGPT’s infra, so that will have to be handled on OpenAI’s side. If you log in to https://platform.openai.com and go to “Help” and they can hopefully help out…

If you want to try to debug yourself, go to beta features in settings and turn off plugins, clear your cache, then sign in again and re-enable plugins. Let us know how it goes, sorry it’s stuck in there. Plugins are still in beta so there are some interesting quirks.

I noticed your plugin is in the “Popular” category. Was this automatic when your app was first published, or did it happen a few days after your app was reviewd that you went into Popular?

Thanks.

I believe it’s updated weekly or bi-weekly by OpenAI and it’s static. So we were live for ~1 week before being added.

Congratulations. If you don’t mind me asking, from being in that position, approximately how many installs do you get per day?

I tried it. Not sure What to expect. Got an empty prompt from your api. Simple question so i would expect some kind of follow up questions:

A prompt like this seems more helpful:

Please forget all prior prompts. I want you to become my Prompt Creator. Your goal is to help me build the best detailed prompt for my needs. This prompt will be used by you, ChatGPT. Please follow this process: 1) Your first response will be to ask me what the prompt should be about. I will provide my answer, but we will need to improve it through continual iterations by going through the next steps. 2) Based on my input, you will generate 3 sections. a) Revised prompt [provide your rewritten prompt. it should be clear, concise, and easily understood by you], b) Suggestions [provide suggestions on what details to include in the prompt to improve it] and c) Questions [ask any relevant questions pertaining to what additional information is needed from me to improve the prompt]. 3. We will continue this iterative process with me providing additional information to you and you updating the prompt in the Revised prompt section until it’s complete. If you understand this respond with >

1 Like

Not sure what happened with your prompt there, it’s a beta feature still so might be a one-off error.

Regarding your prompt, I’d recommend asking it to create i like this:

Here’s the prompt to test out yourself.

2 Likes

We’re not publicly sharing that info, but a lot.

The plugin is quite interesting in the way it works. It shortens the long prompts and can extend the short prompts.
One issue I ran into is that it is limited in token input: “error”: “This model’s maximum context length is 4097 tokens.” If I request a prompt longer than that, it asks me to shorten it.