AI can't answer my question

Hey, everybody!
Quite often AI cannot answer a user’s question for various reasons (invalid question, no sufficient input information, etc.). Usually the answer in such cases looks like this: "

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking for. Could you please provide more context or clarify your request?".

The question is, is there any way to handle such responses by forming a prompt so that the response for such situations is in a certain format. For example:

[ERROR]: I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you are asking for. Could you please provide more context or clarify your request?

I’ve tried all sorts of options, but the results are usually pretty unpredictable.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried adding something like this to the end of a “SYSTEM” prompt?

Like this;

“If you don’t understand, or for any reason are unable to answer, please reply back with: I'm Sorry Dave, but I'm afraid I can't do that.:slight_smile:

Yeah, sure.
In fact, I need to find the most accurate description that would work for most of these situations. Unfortunately, the result is usually quite unpredictable.

I think my too clever movie reference may have ruined my actual point. What I really meant was you can probably instruct GPT to just return “{no}” or some special short string/code that you can detect as a refusal to answer, without even presenting that code to the user.