Add markdown support to input bar

In my opinion, the markdown editor is needed to communicate better with the ChatGPT. If the ChatGPT uses markdown, why not the user?

7 Likes

While the markdown user inputs aren’t rendered the same as the chat output, the markdown should still be communicated to ChatGPT as if it did.

I regularly input markdown in my chats with ChatGPT and haven’t noticed any issues.

1 Like

There is a very simple solution:
Three rear sticks and followed by the Language indicator, for example ‘’'TXT, ‘’'MD, ‘’‘JAVA
In the following lines what you want to write
and close with three rear sticks ‘’’
You ask him to answer in that language and he does, simple, right?

2 Likes

While I know that the markdown input is communicated to ChatGPT properly, I still want the input formatted as markdown instead of plain text so that I can comprehend what I’m prompting better. As it stands, it’s like I’m writing code in Notepad instead of an IDE. I don’t know if that’s what OP’s intentions were, but that’s what I want to see.

4 Likes

This will be really helpful like @NovaChromatic and @orlyyt just mentioned.

1 Like

To clarify, the feature I want is pretty much the same as Reddit’s Fancy Pants Editor.

Manipulating text is one of my favorite use cases that I don’t think people talk about more. I recently asked ChatGPT to switch two columns in a table and it did it flawlessly. ChatGPT displayed the table properly, but it still would have been nice to see my plaintext prompt also stylized.