We treat all of our beta users as high trust partners, and encourage folks in this community to help one another follow our rules so everyone can have a positive product experience.
What you build with the API and how you talk about it influence how the broader world perceives technologies like this. Please use your best judgement when using the API. Let’s work together to build impactful AI applications and create a positive development environment for all of us!
- Carefully review our Publication and sharing policies for guidance on sharing on social media, demonstrating the API for others, and more.
- Carefully review our Use case guidelines, Safety best practices, and Production best practices guide for important details on the process of launching an application.
- Anonymously (such as under a bot handle) post content, such as demo videos or blog posts, containing API outputs. Always attribute such content to your name or company.
- Commit your API key to code you share on Github. The Python bindings will read the OPENAI_API_KEY environment variable — consider using that rather than hardcoding.
Actions for which we may immediately revoke access:
- Privately complete prompts for someone without API access who intends to publish publicly — such as on a personal blog, via an academic paper, or in the media.
- Buy, sell, or share API keys (outside of using in a deployed application). If you are looking to sell your company, which has access to an API key, please contact us through our help center.
OpenAI API Community Forum
OpenAI API Community Forum is a space where you can learn, share, and collaborate. It is a great way to see what others are working on, trade tips, hear about the latest product updates, and share feedback.
The community spaces are operated by the OpenAI staff and you, the community.
Be friendly, welcoming, respectful and constructive with your communication to fellow members.
Be collaborative. Share knowledge, prompt tips/tricks, and help answer questions from fellow community members.
Search our Help Center (FAQ) and the Community Forum before sharing a new question related to the API.
Keep it clean. No profanity, obscenity, or insulting comments, please. If you have a prompt or output containing offensive content, post only with a trigger warning message.
Report any kind of abuse you find in the community by flagging the topic/thread or using our anonymous community reporting form.
Insult or put down other developers. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes will not be tolerated. Sexual language and imagery are not tolerated.
Share sensitive/personal information. If the question relates to your API account (e.g. billing and login issues), please contact us through our help center.
Cross-post the same thing in multiple topics / categories
Promote or advertise services unrelated to the API. Spamming other members with pitches or other forms of self-promotion will not be tolerated.
Divert a Forum topic by changing it midstream. Instead, start a new topic, or use the “Reply as a Linked Topic” feature.
If you have any questions, or suggestions for improving the community spaces - open a new topic in the feedback category and let’s discuss!
Termination and Cancellation
The above guidelines apply to all OpenAI online spaces and channels. OpenAI reserves the right to review and remove community content and applications at will and without notice. Anyone who violates the above guidelines may be expelled from the community or have their access terminated.