Why was my account suddenly deactivated?

When I try to log in, it shows:“You do not have an account because it has been deleted or deactivated. If you believe this was an error, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.”?

As you mentioned, it seems to be as the message says, but did you receive any emails at the same time?

My understanding is that either the Terms of Service, effective January 31st of this year or the Business Terms effective October 14th of last year, should apply.

These two terms are used separately for consumer and business purposes.

If you are using ChatGPT or ChatGPT Plus, DALL-E, the Terms of Service should apply, while if you are using ChatGPT Team, Enterprise or API, the Business Terms should apply.

Considering that only the Business Terms explicitly state that reasonable efforts will be made before suspending or terminating an account, it may be that only business users receive warnings or efforts to address violations.

In any case, it might be worth protesting through the help center, although I haven’t seen many examples of accounts being reinstated.

A second option would be to re-read the terms carefully and create a new account with a different email address. Currently, it seems that phone number verification is not required for ChatGPT and other accounts.

You do not have an account because it has been deleted or deactivated. If you believe this was an error, please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

help!