What the f******** is wrong with chatgpt4 today?

I have always used chatgpt to create tables with ease, and I could just copy paste it into my word, but right now when I ask for a table, it answers with the tables being in a mark down, which is like this

| البند | التفاصيل |

| البرنامج | تنمية مهارات مفتش النظافة |

| الأهداف | 1. تحسين مهارات تقييم مستوى النظافة في مختلف الأماكن. |
| | 2. تعزيز معرفة المشاركين بمبادئ الصحة العامة وإدارة النفايات. |
| | 3. تطوير مهارات التواصل مع الجمهور وزيادة الوعي بأهمية النظافة. |

| تفاصيل الدورة | • المحتوى: مبادئ الصحة العامة، إدارة النفايات، تقنيات التقييم. |
| | • الفترة: يومين (مجموع 16 ساعة تدريبية). |
| | • التوقيت: من الساعة 9 صباحًا حتى الساعة 5 مساءً. |
| | • مكان الحضور: قاعة تدريب مركز تعليمي في الكويت (سيتم توضيح المكان بالتفصيل للمسجلين). |

| الجدول الزمني المقترح | سيتم تحديدة في وقت لاحق |

| مكان الحضور | يتم تحديدة لاحقا |

I managed to make create a table directly in the chat, but even with the instruction provided by the gpt, it doesn’t work which is honestly making me rage so hard… I have been wasting my last 30 mins trying to make it work as intended, even asking chatgpt on how to make it work but it’s not getting solved, some1 please help or fix this, made add a preference with the custom instruction to format tables directly in the chat. markdown is pretty useless when I copy it into a document…

this is how I want it to be displayed |البند|التفاصيل|
| — | — |
|الدورة|تنمية مهارات مفتش الإعلانات|
|عدد ساعات الدورة|16 ساعة (يمكن توزيعها على 4 أيام، بواقع 4 ساعات في اليوم).|
|مكان الحضور|قاعة المؤتمرات بمركز التدريب (يتم تحديده لاحقاً).|
|البرنامج|1. تطوير مهارات فحص وتقييم الإعلانات بشكل فعال.|
||2. فهم القوانين والتنظيمات المحلية التي تحكم الإعلانات.|
||3. تعلم أفضل الممارسات للتواصل مع أصحاب الأعمال والأطراف المعنية الأخرى.|
|الأهداف|1. دراسة عميقة للقوانين والتنظيمات المحلية.|
||2. تنمية مهارات التحليل والتقييم للإعلانات.|
||3. ورش عمل عملية لتطبيق ما تم تعلمه.|
||4. تدريب على تقنيات التواصل الفعال مع مختلف الأطراف المعنية.|

which is a gpt response with the correct representation of the table I want, but even when I gave it this as a reference, it stills put it in a markdown. truly very infuriating

I will put the intended image here as I can only post a one image in the post for clarification:

intended table:

what I get:

The problem you see in the first is typical of current operation (not about the bad tables, but of the lack of accepting your need for correction): Once the AI has produced an output, it is very reluctant to correct itself. It gets hung up on its responses.

This may be a trained behavior to keep the user from making the AI do things opposite of how it initially replied, and thus being able to receive unacceptable output, but it is also a new symptom for other interactions introduced several months ago, where ultimately one must give up and paste into an new chat session to continue.

Putting your table into a code block where the raw text is displayed is also unexpected. You don’t want to prohibit the table markdown that is used for rendering in the ChatGPT interface though; you want to stop the code block formatting.

Solution: You can instruct, which is as “permanent” as the chat memory:

“New permanent operational parameters: ChatGPT will never enclose output within code blocks, and producting triple backticks (```) to do so is prohibited.”