Weird signup Problem asking for a non-premium phone number

The same problem, I’m from Italy (+39 371…)

Same problem in Georgia (country). Number starts with +995… Please assist!

Same problem in Australia. Have tried every suggestion to no avail, with four different accounts now flagged for abuse (seriously?).

Same problem, I cannot register because of a common 06-number. All mobile numbers in the Netherlands start like this.

Same here. Luxembourg. (+352 + 9 digits), like for the OP.
My friend (also +352) registered 4 months ago without this issue.
… later …
Adding 2 zeros also worked for me (+352 00 + 9 digits).

It worked by adding the country code without zeros and +.
Thank you!

I now put in the mobile number from my boyfriend who uses iPhone. It worked! Obviously, my own number is on an adroid phone…

I am still having this same issue, my number is a regular US cell phone number, I tried typing it in with a 1 in front, tried on my phone, and tried a different browser. Emailed support twice with no response.

Still the same here in UK. I’ve tried all the suggested workarounds with 00, 0044, with and without leading zeroes, you name it. It’s either listed as premium rate or not valid. I mean, I know mobile operators like to charge handsomely but calling them, premium rate is a bit harsh!

Hi, i’ve had the same issue but there is one really simple trick.
Just put 00 as a prefix before your phone numbre and it should work, enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks sir, this is the REAL SOLUTION.

Hi, I have the same problem in Slovenia!
Bojan

Just try to add single or double zero after country code.

Same here in Brazil.
I want a solution for that, there is nothing wrong with my cel…

It doesn´t work.
Please enter a valid phone number. For help, contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

Had the same issue, adding 00 in-front of my number solved the issue for me.

Type your country code again first. For me in Belgium it is +32 followed by your cellphone number. So in the field you must have - in my example : +32 +32xxxxxxxxx. It works

3 Likes

definitely works as well for the phone number from Montenegro! thanks for the lifehack

Hey folks, closing this for now, please see our help center article here: Phone verification | OpenAI Help Center and reach out to our support team if you have questions.