URGENT: Monthly usage limit

Hi FP, I’m sorry you are having difficulties. Could you please share your requested quota value and your org-id in an email to safety-specialists@openai.com? I will look into it.

While an immediate increase would be fantastic as every hour of downtime hurts, not blaming OpenAI for an undue delay as it has only been a few hours. Was inquiring as to the expected turnaround as anything more than a day hurt business. Thank you for providing contact route; will use now.

We aim to respond to quota increase requests within 1-2 business days at most but we are experiencing a very high volume of requests right now so the response might be slightly delayed. Also, our notification messages sometimes land in the spam folder so it’s worth checking there as well. Just as a reminder, it is very important to use the full org-id in the submission to ensure we can process the request.


I’m facing the same issue can any one help me we have submit request day before yesterday but still not receive the approval can anyone please let me know how we can reach out the open ai officials so we can sort this issue as soon as possible

Just a suggestion here - but if you setup an Azure account, you can access the same models (there is also a waiting period for GPT4) without the monthly quotas.

Hi @ibard ,

Same issue from my side. Submitted quota increase form 7 days ago, but no reply or increase yet.

I sent an email to the safety-specialists@openai.com email that you shared previously.

I reached out on Live Chat but they confuse Quote Increase with Rate Increase - and the support on live chat was not able to resolve anything for this.

Thank you in advance, and also - if there are delays expected, may you publish those so we can plan accordingly. The forms say 1-2 business days. If I know it will be 7-14 business days, I would adjust my rate increases accordingly and well in advance

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your email. Could you please share your org-id that you requested an increase for?

best regards,

Hi @ibard

unfortunately nobody replies to my rate increase request for 3-4 days.
Can I send you my org-id + new rate via email? If yes, please provide the mail address.


Experiencing the same issue. Have submitted 2 requests now, with no response to either.

Has anyone had any success post Rosie handling for people?

I’m also in urgent need of help. I have a whole team of developers who specialize in AI idling and waiting for our usage increase. I have submitted the form but it’s been 5 business days and have heard nothing back. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

@ibard I’m also encountering the same problem, requested quota for 1200$, submitted several days ago, twice, no response yet, please help to take a look, thanks!

Also in urgent of help. Submitted a request two days ago but no response yet. Already sent my org-id via email, please take a look! @ibard Many thanks in advance!

Also, I have urgent request, need your help.
@ibard , I sent our company request via e-mail to safety-specialists@openai.com.
Please take a look.
Many thanks in advance!

We have been applying for a long time and we have over 10,000 users waiting for us to continue to serve them, but we can only use $600 before we can’t continue. openai is getting stingy now and they probably won’t give us more than $1000, which is tragic.
We have also sent emails for help but it’s a stone throw to the sea, it’s really hard!
@ibard Please help us!!!

Hi @ibard and OpenAI staff all,
We received approval mail of our request.
Thank you so much for your support.

It’s hard, so far I haven’t received any emails about requesting permission or rejection

@ibard It’s been three business days since I submitted another application and I still haven’t received any response and your staff told me that I would be notified by email in 1-2 business days, which is blatant deception!

@ibard and OpenAI team,

We had submitted a quota increase request from $120 to $20000

We got an increase in a day but to $200.

We have about 12000 paying customers and such a small limit will not go anywhere for us.

I have submitted the form again, but I really need help with expediting this approval.
If you need to block some amount, or need a purchase order, I can get that but please help us with a larger limit approval.

@ibard and OpenAI team, I submitted the request to increase the quota from $120 to $2000 a month ago and again on July 2, 2023. I wrote an email as well but the quota hasn’t increased yet. I have a critical demo to the customer and need that increase asap. Can you kindly increase it?

You are not alone. Unfortunately, many users of Open AI have this problem where they can’t rely on Open AI with such a little quota/month and then have to wait days and weeks to get their usage limit increased. Their support team is non responsive and there is no one you can reach to escalate. Which business will turn away money? The only explanation is that they are probably not yet ready to scale their business.