Unable to ocreate Persistent SQLite data base between sessions

This cannot be right but my plaground assistant just told me I cannot have persistent data over long periods of time. See the rsponse below

This is incompatible with my project goal.

--------->
GPT4:

Apologies for the trouble. It appears there are some issues with the creation of the SQLite database and its accessibility. I regret to inform you that currently, the OpenAI model can’t persistently store SQLite databases according to the limitations of the current environment. However, in a typical python environment, the steps above would be appropriate for creating a new SQLite database with the table as you requested.

You might execute the given code in your local setting. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

ME:

how do I obtain an OpenAI environment where I can have persistent data the LLM can refer to ?

GPT4

I apologize for any confusion. Currently, OpenAI’s AI models, including this chat environment, don’t have the ability to hold persistent data or retain information between sessions. The models do not store personal data from the questions they are asked, and each question you ask is processed independently of the others. The models don’t have the ability to access or retrieve personal data unless it has been shared in the course of the conversation. They are designed to respect user privacy and confidentiality.

For analysis that requires a persistent storage like SQLite databases, running the code in a local Python environment or cloud-based platforms like Google Colab, Jupyter Notebooks, or a dedicated server could be a better fit.

I hope this clears up the matter. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Check out the Quickstart guide if you haven’t yet.

Basically, the LLM is stateless. It only “knows” what you give it. So, if you send all the data each call, it will have that data. Hope that makes sense. The quickstart guide goes over it all better.

1 Like

Is there another environment OpenAI supplies where I can have a persistent database environment ?

The project I envision wont work if I have to upload a block of corporate data every time, at all. I wanted other users to log in and query the data too.