Tutory - ChatGPT Plugin to democratize education for everyone

@landongarrison Love this idea, and would love to help test it out. I’ve been experimenting parsing the initial prompt into ChatGPT to be used in Higher Education for various exercises.

The ability for the Tutor to help but not give the answer is critical and will enhance learning in my opnion.

Hi there! Tutory is actually available on the Plugin store now. If you are a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, you should be able to access it sometime this week (I say sometime because OpenAI hasn’t explicitly said when said who and when everyone will get Plugin access, just that Plus subscribers will by the end of the week).

I couldn’t agree more with your comment about actually tutoring. It is something that I have spoken about with many teachers and senior admin in Education and most of them agree. More to come!

1 Like

Hi. Trying to use Tutory, and thanks for doing this! I am not sure if I login with my OPen Ai login or create a new account as neither option works. WHen I try and create new account my password goes to red and can not get beyond here. What am I missing?

1 Like

Hi there,

The issue you are likely facing is Tutory requires you to have a strong password. So the password must consist of the following things to make an account:

• 8 characters minimum
  • 1 capital letter
  • 1 number
  • 1 special character

So likely you are trying to sign up with a password that is not strong enough.

To sign up for Tutory and start using it, you need to:

1. Head over to the ChatGPT and find Tutory on the Plugin Store
  2. Install Tutory
  3. OpenAI will prompt you to sign into Tutory. What you need to do in your case is make an account by clicking “Sign up” at the bottom when you head over to Tutory. To make your account, you can use any email or password combonation
  4. Use your email and a strong password
  5. Continue the two factor authentication step
  6. Once the 2FA step has been completed, you should be able to use Tutory! I recommend starting off by asking “Can you help me learn x” or “I need help learning …”. This is where it really shines!

Please let me know either via DM if you have anymore issues and I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

I’m in. Had too many numbers and special characters. Thanks!

1 Like

Stays like this…

Hi Landon, I am excited to check out the tutory plugin, however, I am having trouble signing up, what is the password requirement? It seems whatever password I use, it doesn’t allow me to sign up. Thank you

Hi there,

The issue seems to have resolved itself, pointing to an OpenAI related issue. Please DM me if you run into anymore issues! Thank you again.

Hi there,

I sent you a DM! Probably best for us to diagnose this off the thread.

Hi everyone, if you skipped the intro and just read the comments, the web app will be launched very soon, stay tuned!

I can’t find your plugin, is it released? How do I get access to it?

Hi there, unfortunately, Tutory was removed from the plugin store this week from OpenAI unexpectantly. It is currently in the process of coming back and is being reviewed by OpenAI as we speak.

For now, you can try Tutory on the web app at tutory.io to access all the latest features and try Tutory.

Appreciate your support!

1 Like

Hi there, the Tutory Plugin is back on the store today! Please go give it a try :slight_smile:

Played around with the plugin today. Pretty cool stuff!

Haven’t been on here in awhile! Appreciate the kind words as always. Feel free to DM me with any feedback you might have!

You need to fix your password creation logic. Do not limit users to 1 capital, 1 number, or 1 special character - that is not a useful requirement :smile:

Can Tutory be applied for offline Generative solution?

Point taken! Appreciate the feedback :slight_smile: Feel free to send me a DM anytime.

1 Like

I’m new to this forum :see_no_evil: Are you still maintaining this project?

How do we send DMs here :sweat_smile: Would love to chat if you have time, starting down the path of something similar and maybe we can sync / partner up! :smiley: :pray:

ChatGPT Plugin install error

the same as re-login ChatGPT

Locale: English

error message:

0, message='Attempt to decode JSON with unexpected mimetype: text/html; charset=utf-8', url=URL('https://plugin-dtwewgpm2a-uc.a.run.app/token')